C Section-pg113270575818

4 Replies
tiff - November 22

i have a c section st up for dec 7th. I was just wondering things like how long till i can drive after or lift things or go back to my everyday things.

Jbear - November 22

This is what I was told after my c-section: Don't lift anything heavier than your baby for 6 weeks. Don't have s_x, use tampons or douche for 6 weeks (and you will bleed afterwards just like someone with a v____al birth). Don't drive while taking painkillers. You'll need the painkillers for two weeks at least, most likely. Another thing, after the c-section, you'll get really bad gas pains (like the 2nd day in the hospital) but you can ask for simethicone drops, or bring them yourself, and really minimize the discomfort. Also, after my 2nd c-section I bought a bunch of control panties (you know, those spandex granny panty things) and wore them to provide support for the incision. It only took me 4 weeks to feel completely recovered, as opposed to several months after my first c-section. Good luck and congrats on your baby!

tiff - November 22

thanks for the advice i had a v____al delivery with my first pregnancy so i was lost and did not think of all these questions until i left my dr office.

Jbear - November 22

I stayed in the hospital three nights for my second c-section. My older child is three, I told her I was broken and I couldn't pick her up or have her sit on my lap until I wasn't broken anymore, and she understood. The c-section itself isn't really that scary. You'll be awake for it and you will feel pressure but no pain. The incision is usually closed with staples, and the staples are removed before you leave the hospital. You'll have a catheter for the surgery. Ask them to put it in after you're numb and it will be more comfortable. Most hospitals will allow your partner to be in the operating room, and most will allow a camera (but not a video camera). You'll be on a liquid diet after the surgery, until you start pa__sing gas. Hope some of this info is useful to you.

bump - November 23

bump

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?