C Sections-pg110928306718

11 Replies
P - February 24

I found out today that I have to have a C-section. My question is, how much will my boyfriend be able to see during the procedure. I've heard they can be pretty rough and if he thinks they aren't being nice to his "princess" he might lose it. And him losing it is a very bad thing. I'm not sure if i should talk him out of attending the birth or not. Any ideas or experiences?

ekay - February 24

How did they determine you had to have a C-Section? I think they let him stay up by your head, at least that is what I gather from the Discovery Channel

P - February 24

I'm 37 weeks and the baby is breech.

tiffani - February 24

I've had 2 C sections. Both times my husband was right up by my head, stroking my hair. He's allowed to peek over the curtain and watch if he'd like. For your man to lose it would be a very bad thing and could cause harm to you or your baby. If you suspect he might overreact, I would reconsider him being there.

tiffani - February 24

I've had 2 C sections. Both times my husband was right up by my head, stroking my hair. He's allowed to peek over the curtain and watch if he'd like. For your man to lose it would be a very bad thing and could cause harm to you or your baby. Why on earth does he think they'd be anything but professional? If you suspect he might overreact, I would seriously reconsider him being there.

tiffani - February 24

So sorry about the double post, it's been doing it all night to me for some reason.

tara - February 24

I suggest you talking to him and letting him know that you will need him to be there for you first adn foremost. He should put all feelings aside and think of your needs for emotional support in that room.

~m~ - February 24

Yeah, my hubby was allowed to watch, too. Like tiffani, my hubby was holding my hand and stroking my hair. He was also crying! It all depends on hospital policy. Like at the hospital I use, they allow a room full of people for a v____al delivery, but only 1 for C-section. They used to allow 2, but they changed it to 1. It's kindof a double edged sword, in that your bf needs to witness his princess entering the world, but he does NOT need to lose it in the OR!! For sure! I believe they are only rough if the baby isn't at a convenient angle. With my first one, he pretty much popped out on his own... no problems. With my 2nd, he weighed nearly 9 pounds, so they had to push and tug. But it wasn't rough for the baby, and I was numb from neck down, so it wasn't painful for me either. You and your bf need to watch "A Baby Story", "Birth Stories", stuff like that. They show C-sections all the time. You'll see it's not that bad. Tell him he needs to promise you he won't lose it so he can watch the most spectacular things in the world!!

P - February 24

Thank you ladies. I did explain to him that it may be difficult to watch but at the time I didn't know they had you curtained off so you only saw what you wanted to. I'm kinda laughing to myself because I'm sure he won't flip out in the OR but I know he'll be flipping inside and I feel so bad for him! My friend just had a c-section and her husband said it looks like they're being so rough but you have to just keep in mind that they know what they're doing and trust in that. Hopefully that will be some comfort to him. He's so protective of me it's cute most of the time but a little stifling at others. Thanks again ladies.

KM - February 24

well, I had an emergency section,l after HOURS of labour, and by the time it came to this my bf was an absolute mess, he was sobbing and everything, and doesnt handle the sight of blood well. I didnt want him to pa__s out, so my mom came in with me instead. I found it was a really calm atmosphere, it wasnt scary.my mom said she didnt mind it or anything.

P - February 25

I spoke with bf again and he was much relieved to hear you're curtained off. he was mostly worried about seeing them cut into me and now that he knows he doesn't I think he's fine with it. :)

Jbear - February 25

My husband was in the room for part of my c-section. When they made the initial incision, he was waiting outside. They let him in and then they cut into the uterus and he was able to watch the baby being delivered. Then they sent him outside while they sewed and stapled me up. There was a curtain blocking our view of the actual surgery. My husband said he didn't see blood, or my insides or anything like that, just the baby being lifted over the curtain.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?