Cervix-pg109714455517

2 Replies
chelle - October 7

I have been reading some of the posts and some say that you can tell if you ae pregnant or not by feeling your cervix? How am i able to do this? And what are the symptoms of being pergnant or not. I really dont understand the meaning of low cervix and high...How are you able to determine it. Thnaks for any answers

Viv - October 7

I would llike to see input from others on this. First, if you are into checking the cervix, they say to use the same position every time - like squatting in the shower. The first use of this is to determine ovulation. Most of the time the cervix is low, hard and closed, like the tip of your nose. You can feel it with your middle finger. At ovulation it is SHOW (Soft like your cheek, High, Open and Wet) just for a day or two. You might have trouble finding it. I think that if conception occurs it remains soft, closes, and goes low, but I would like feedback on this.

Erin - October 8

Hi Chelle, unfortunately, there is no "textbook" answer to this. People have reported many different things happening to their cervix during early pregnancy. However, checking your cervix internally is a great way of knowing how your body works, and if there is a change in your cervical position and fluid one month, then maybe it could be a sign of pregnancy for you. Viv is right and helpful as always. :) To add to what he said, you can feel a "low" cervix relatively close to the opening of your v____a. A "high" cervix can barely be touched when you reach all the way in. A good way to measure is the point on your finger. For example "one knuckle in" could be low, and all the way in could be high. In addition to checking your cervix in the same position (very important! I check mine on the toilet) it is important to check your cervix at the same time every day--it can change throughout the day. Checking your cervix for changes throughout your cycle is also helpful for determining when you ovulate..although it is only a secondary fertility sign. Ovulation can only be determined by a clear, sustained rise in your temperature directly following ovulation. Of course, this is not helpful when TTC, because it happens AFTER you ovulate, when there is little chance to conceive. I hope that helps, and good luck to you!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?