Cervix-pg10996328669

5 Replies
desperate - November 5

ok this may be a stupid question, but is there any way you can check yourself to see if you are dialated, and how would you go about doing this??

cj - November 5

i think you possibly could but would you want to do that to yourself, you would be better to see a professional as you are more likely to hurt yourself, i wouldnt advise it as there may be risks if you don't do it properly. dont do anything if you are not sure.

Shalee - November 5

Yes you can do it yourself, nonesense that you have to see a prof. Afterall its your body you should be the prof at what is normal. Slide you finger in and at the back of your v____a you will feel your cervix. During pregnancy it is very soft and full. If you have had kids it may be as mcuh as 1 cm dialated all the time when your preg. or not. Use you finger tip as a guide. How far can your fingertip slide into the cervical opening. I checked my own cervix with both my births and even check myself when I was fully dialated, its not hard and its something you should do so you know your body. You can chat to me at [email protected] There are no risks as someone else said here as long as you wash your hands, after all your germs are what you are use to its not going to hurt you, woman need to stop thinking they need a PROF. to do everything for them. Just my opinion Shalee

desperate - November 5

how far back do you have to go.. Im not exactly sure where the cervix is

Shalee - November 5

Ok it ususally is pretty high up inside you during pregnancy, due to hormones. Use your middle finger as it is longest and sitting on the toilet relax and let your finger go all the way back. The cervix is the onl thing up there to feel. Its firm like your nose when not preggo, but when you are preggo its very soft and in the very middle you will feel the opening. No need to push hard up inside of it, just let your finer measure how open you are. I may have a site that explains this is better detail if you are interested let me know. Shalee p.s. sometimes the cervix is so high you may need to give a little push,this causes the v____al muscles to bring down the cervix lower and easier to feel. You can do it!

desperate - November 6

I could feel the cervix come down lower when i pushed and it is soft, but I still dont know how to measure.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?