Cervix Question-pg114433801518

6 Replies
mel2229 - April 6

Does anyone know if your cervix is supposed to be high or low during pregnancy? Is it supposed to be soft,firm, open or closed?How can you tell?

mel2229 - April 6

Anyone??

krista-lee - April 6

you cervix is high im pretty sure, and faced back more. you cant tell yourself, you need to have an internal exam done by a doctor/midwife : )

Ceno - April 6

From what I read, when you're pregnant, your cervix sets itself high, is soft, and closed. It gets low, is hard, and opens when you're expecting your period. It even opens when you're having an orgasm.

Celia - April 6

Cervical position is not something I would rely on to indicate pregnancy. You can tell what position your cervix is in without having an internal exam and if you've been charting while TTC then you know all about it i'm sure. I continued to watch mine after I got my BFP and my cervix stayed all over the place, High, Low, soft, hard,,,, It constantly changed. Only at about 8 weeks did it get high/soft and has stayed that way. Good luck to you!

mel2229 - April 6

Wow, thank you ladies for the information. So don't think that you can tell by checking yourself?

Celia - April 6

You can tell by doing an internal exam on yourself. Get in a squatting postion and insert 2 fingers. You will feel your cervix. It takes awhile to learn what High, soft, open, closed feels like, but after a couple cycles of checking it get's easy to tell. I used the book, "taking charge of your fertility" to learn. It goes into alot of detail and really makes it easy when just starting out. Alot of the ladies on the "Signs of Pregnancy board" chart these things and are usually a big help when trying to figure it out. Oh the last post was meant to say "wouldn't rely on to indicate pregnancy" Sorry!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?