Diarrhea-pg115142567318

1 Replies
Ramya - June 27

I am 12 weeks pregnant and am suffering from severe diarrhea since last 3 weeks.I tried using Imodium AD but it didn't help me and my ob gyn told that they cannot prescribe anything else as I am pregnant.They did some blood work and told me that I donot have any infection.Does any one know how I can get rid of this problem?Please help me out.

olivia - June 27

Other than hormones, which could be the cause, have you changed your diet a lot since you got pregnant? Or your vitamin supplements? Drinking a lot of juice? I would try to look closely at your diet and see if something you have changed in your eating habits may have triggered it. I have been getting some diarrhea since I got pregnant, but not too frequently. I blame it on the hormones, but it sounds like you are having it pretty regularly. Dehydration can also cause it, and it can be the cause of dehydration too! So get some water or sports drinks and try to keep up with your fluid intake. Your prenatal with iron should help bulk you up too, but some people actually get diarrhea from iron, so maybe you're one of those? My suggestions: Trouble shoot your diet first, increase your fluid intake, and if that fails, try switching your prenatal vitamin. Good luck .

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?