Doctors-pg110433100728

11 Replies
no name - December 29

i had a pregnancy test done today at doctors, is it possible that i could be pregnant still even though it says its negative, heres the story..i had s_xual intercourse nearly 3 weeks ago(fri) and i was due on my period then (11th dec) but i didnt come on till the 13th and it was quite light..iv seen and heard that people can still get pregnant around their period time and still have normal periods so am just a little worried..and iv also heard that the preg tests done at doctors are sometimes un true..can anyone shed a little light?

$weetne$$ - December 29

ur best bet is to wait a couple more weeks and test again..if the docs are still unsure den they can do an ultra scan to see if u are pregnant or not...good luck ;o)

no name - December 29

thnk you for the quick reply..yep my doctor said i should come back in a couple of weeks to test again..from my situation i explained could it be possible i can be pregnant?

Christine - December 29

It is possible yes...you can ovulate anytime during the month...most people ovulate somewhere in the middle of their cycle..but not all..or all the time...ovulation can be just as screwy as anything else...your doc did a urine test...urine tests are good for some...but not for others...some woman never get a positive with one...and you think you would only be about 3 weeks...thats still a little early for a urine test...wait like your doc says...if you miss your next period...ask for a blood test...they are much more accurate..good luck

no name - December 29

Thank you so much for the reply christine :) i will defo wait until january for my next period and if it doesnt arrive then i will go down for another test. However, if my period does come and i dont go for a test but i am still pregnant..(iv had a few symptoms) and i leave it, it will be too late to make decisions..lets just say my ex boyfriend isnt too amused at me possibly being pregnant..should i be havin symptoms now if i am pregnant at 3 weeks..im only 17 and dont really know much, i have tried to read up but i like to hear it from natural people aswell :) xxx

kim - December 29

You could be having symptoms.. If I dont get af on Jan 4th the nurse estimates that I am about 3 weeks pregnant and I have had many symptoms.. Hopefully im just not tripping as I do want to be pregnant. Hope it all works out for you.

no name - December 29

hope it works for you :) have you had negative pregnancy tests?

kim - December 29

I am waiting to test next week.. Trying anyways. I have a test here but my husband says to wait and see if Im late on the 4th..

Christine - December 29

Most places you have up until 13 weeks to decide and have an abortion done...your still young, and with a boyfriend doubting life can be tricky but make sure you choose what is best for you(if you have to make a choice)...by then I would imagine you would only be around 8 weeks if that so yes you would still have time...good luck

no name - December 29

good luck with the test kim:) and thank you for your reply, aswell as christine :) only thing i can do is wait until next month..around the 11th and see wha happens, itl be a long wait coz ill be wondering whether i am even though i mite have a period..not much alcohol for me then this new year..jst incase,lol..and if im not pregnant then i can always make up for it later:) thnx so much for the help xxx

KM - December 29

no name, hey i hope everything works out for you. If you have any questions or pregnancy or just want to talk you can e-mail me at [email protected] I'm only 18 and I just had my first baby a few wks ago. I've read and learned alot about pregnancy and birth so I can probably answers any questions you have :)

no name - December 30

hiya:) thnx for the address, ill give u an e-mail now :)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion