Drinking-pg113156759218

57 Replies
Me - November 9

I dont want any one to take this the worng way or think i am a horrible person im not an alcoholic or anything but since the day i found out that i was pregnant i have not even touched a sip of alcohol i mean i have been wanting to try the Korean Licqure Soju so bad for the longest time Impossible to find when my neighbor had some and i didnt try it but they last 4 weeks or so have been really starting to get to me i dont want to get drunk or anything i just want a glass of wine or something but its not worth it to me i was just wondering if anyone else is going through the same thing? and the worst part about it is the fact that im 22 wks so im just barely over half way is this what i have to look forward to for the next 18 weeks is cravings like this that i cant have?

Steph - November 9

Personally, I don't drink while I am pregnant because it's only nine months out of your life that you have to sacrifice, especially for something as small as a drink. Some people have been told by their docs that having a drink every now and then is fine and won't hurt their baby, but I personally choose not to drink. If I were you, I'd wait to have a drink, and then it's gonna be sooo much better than if you give in and have one now. Also, you may not know how you will feel, i.e., guilty, if you do drink.

Lisa - November 9

Soju? Are you in Korea?

Me - November 9

No im not in Korea but my hubby is in the army and thats all i have heard about for the last year is how awsome soju is.

Lisa - November 9

Well, I'm in South Korea right now and Soju is kind of like Sake; except it's more pure liquor tasting. I've got lots of it in my house right now in fancy bottles to take back for my brother... it's not all it's cracked out to be. But the Korean men love it here and drink it all the time; every night pretty much.

Me - November 9

What is sake?

Lisa - November 9

Sake is Japanese...you drink it warmed up; kind of like Soju. It's made of rice, where as Soju I believe is made from Potatoes. It will get you drunk, and fast.

Steph - November 9

Lisa, I just had Soju this summer. My father in law is in Seoul and has been living there for the past ten years or so. Anyways, he visited this summer and brought us back some and I thought it was kinda gross, but the packaging was cute, they were green and white in juice boxes...? Worth trying, but I don't want it again!!

Me - November 9

Gross? Every one that i have talked to has said that Soju has no flavor thats why its so big because you cant taste it at all are you sure what you had was soju

Lisa - November 9

Yes, I like in South Korea..I know what Soju is. It has a pure alcohol taste; except a bit milder. Why would you be craving Soju...you have never even tasted it before?

Lisa - To Steph - November 9

That sounds like Soju. They do box it up really nice and make it look cute; they always have the real pretty Korean women advertising it too! I got some to take him in some nice green bottles with dragons on them. I have no plans on drinking the Soju, but the bottles are cute! Soeul is a great place! I love Seoul!

kr - November 9

I think you should wait, but I also think you can make waiting fun. How about planning a Korean night out with your hubby a month after the baby is born? It sounds like if you do drink you will feel guilty, so hold out and set your sights on a an evening out. Plan it at a fancy place and start saving now. Just put aside all your change and by the time 18 weeks has gone by you'll have the money. I've has cravings too, and I'm holding out. I want things like salami and cigarettes (both of which I've never liked). I think it's the forbidden fruit idea.

Steph - November 9

I have heard that some people say it has not much of a taste, but drinking a shot of it is quite icky....mixing it like a jungle juice type of drink it's yummy, cause then you really can't taste it.

Lisa - November 9

I've only had it straight, doing shots out for dinner with the Koreans. You never realize how fast that stuff sneaks up on you...

Me - November 9

I never said that i was craving soju what i said was that i have been wanting to try it forever and i finally had a chance and couldnt well i could have but i wouldnt because i am pregnant and also my last post was to steph sorry i didnt specify

Steph - November 9

LOL Lisa!! That's exactly what my dh says when he tells me about his high school days there...he went to Seoul American High School and said it was a blast! And of course, he loved the fact that he could drink underage and no one cared!

Lisa - To Steph - November 9

That must have been great to go to High School in Seoul! And he's right; no one cares how old you are here...there is no such thing as showing as ID! Just as long as you don't look like you go to middle school! Seoul is fun; they have the under ground subways as you hardly never cross the road above, everyone takes the tunnels and there are shops all in those places! The markets are always fun too!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?