Emotions-pg112005859818

8 Replies
Melisa - June 29

I am only 8 weeks PG and for the past 2 weeks I have been an emotional wreck. I understand that being emotional is normal because of the hormones, but I really feel like I am out of hand. I always find things offensive and irritates and it seems like one minute I am laughing and happy then all of a sudden I will start crying almost to the point where I am hysterical. Nothing sets me off that I realize, it just happens. Does anyone have any tips on how to just relax? I have tried bathes, taking a nap... almost everything....

E - June 29

Do you have time/money for ma__sages and yoga? Also, continue to rest as much as possible. Your body needs it. I think it is normal to feel the way you do. Try some cognitive excercises next time. Mentally prepare yourself to be upset. Tell yourself it is inevitable and will be a part of the next several months. Also expect that nobody else is going to understand the way that you want them to, or the way that they should. Validating your feelings can help to alleviate the stress. Just play mental games with yourself:)

E - June 29

Basically, lower your expectations of almost everyone. Once that is done, their isn't much to get upset about. I know it will be hard but I had to do it with my husband regarding him wanting to get ready for the baby's arrival. I just accepted his inadequacies and left it at that.

Audrea - June 29

I think E is exactly right. You have to just try to slow down and realize that it is okay to feel this way and it is very normal and give yourself permission to feel this way. When you start to feel upset try to think about it first before you respond and just say to yourself 'this feeling will pa__s.' Also, if you do lower your expectations, which is really hard to do, it does make it so much easier. Sometimes I would sit by myself and just think about why I was feeling the way I was and realizing it is a part of being pregnant helped me to get over it at the time. I hope this helps. Now I am 26 weeks and not as emotional as I was in the first trimester, but I do still find myself getting upset a lot easier than I used to and irritable too.

Yeah - June 29

I bawled like a baby last night, out of the blue and for no reason. Then I was fine. Weird. But I just tell myself pregnant ladies are pregnant.

E - June 29

Also, whenever things became too unbearable, I invited my friends Ben & Jerry over. They fixed everything:)

Melisa - June 29

Thank you guys, I talked to my fiance last night about it and he was just as frustrated as I was because he didnt know where I was coming from everytime I snapped at him. I just feel guilty for thinking some of the things I do but you all are right! It is part of being PG and if I keep on telling myself that I will be able to get over it much faster! But it is funny how much easier this is said then done though. My first step is definitly to lower expectations. It seems like pregnancy has made me high maintenance!

Yeah - June 29

My post should have read...pregnant ladies are crazy (god, you can tell I AM)

E - June 29

Oh, if you feel like fighting with people, there are plenty of pregnant women on this board that would love to duke it out with someone. This board can be a stress reliever, too.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?