Epidural-pg112615390718

4 Replies
elizabeth - September 8

Anyone who has gotten an epidural..did you feel anything as the needle went in and did it hurt..i hurd they numb it but does the big needle they stick through you still hurt after you get the numbing shot?

Liz - September 8

Hi, I'm Elizabeth also but I go by Liz!! My epidural was completely painless. The only thing I felt was pressure and some tingling.

elizabeth - September 8

yea.im really thinking about getting it because i cant take pain lol...anyway i am just really scared of needles ..also hopefully if i get it, it wont ware off at the end. thanks for the info

Lisa - September 8

I'm the same way; I don't want the pain but I HATE needles! And that is a big needle..

kris A. - September 8

I guess I would offer as mom of three, one on the way, is that childbirth pain is completely different than other types of pain, because of the excitement and other stimuli all around you. Your contractions will distract you from a needle, I a__sure you. It sounds simplistic, but dont be afraid of birth, as the fear only makes things worse as you tense up and lose control. Take one sensation at a time, take any drugs you feel you need, and make your partner keep the ma__sages and ice chips coming, keep the music in the room, and just try to ride it out.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?