Fetal Movement-pg114723477418

5 Replies
Caravane - May 10

I am in my 8th week of pregnancy and keep feeling this fluttering towards the bottom of my ribs. I know I shouldn't be feeling fetal movement yet and am wondering if I have been pregnant longer than 8 weeks. When has everyone first felt fetal movement? I suspect 12 weeks would be too early, too. This is my first pregnancy.

JJ5235 - May 10

Yes I would say its way to early. Plus the baby is way to small and low for you to feel it. At 8 weeks the baby is no where ner your lower ribs yet. Even 12 weeks is to ealry for a first timer. Give it sometime and you will be feeling real movement soon enough. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!

CKSAN - May 10

Also, you wouldn't feel anything close to your ribs until the last few months. Your first movements will most likely be felt an inch or two under your belly b___ton (or even to either side of that area)

shyann - May 10

8 weeks is really too soon to feel the baby move I am 17 weeks with my 3rd and i'm just starting to feel very faint movements now

sandra-c - May 10

sorry to disappoint you but you dont start to feel slight movement until around 16-20 weeks. Its probably gas you're experiencing at the moment.

Steph - May 10

I had the same type of feeling when I was 8-12 weeks pregnant. I know it wasn't the baby moving, but it's the weirdest feeling. I think that it's got to be muscles and ligiments stretching.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?