Hair Dye-pg109900089445

7 Replies
Amanda - October 28

I have been dying my hair sence I was 14 and I wanted to know if it was safe to dye my hair now I am 28 week pregnant

K - October 28

It is safe. Just try not to inhale too much of the fumes.Also, the only thing about coloring your hair in pregnancy is that you might get a shade that differs from what you regularly go because of the changes in hormones. It wouldn't be drastic though.

Amanda - October 28

okie thank you

K - October 28

no problem.. I am 37 wks and have coloured my hair a couple times with no problems, and I have read and also asked my doctor and everything seems to say that its alright!

Amanda - October 29

that is great thank you

Angela - October 29

Hi, I am a stylist and have been coloring my hair for years, and am now 27 weeks. You are fine to color your hair, as suggested before be careful, if you are doing this yourself, be in a ventalated area and wear gloves!!!!! You'll be fine.

m - October 31

Just to echo what has been said, I, too, used to be a hairdresser (I am now a teacher). It isn't unsafe to do it during pregnancy. Just an old wives tale! However, like Amanda and Angela said, your hormones can mess with things and it may not turn out like it always has. Just beware. I might stay away from "permanent" color for now. Just do some semi or something like that. Don't want you to end up with blue hair! lol

Amanda - October 31

Awe why not I wouldn't mind my hair being blue lol

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?