Hcg-pg110243974359

4 Replies
suzi - December 7

I have all the signs of being pregnant, but the home test came up neg. Does the body always give off the hormone hcg or is it only at certain times?

GIna - December 7

I would like to know the answer to this question as well

E - December 7

Given that hCG is secreted by the trophoblastic cells of the placenta, I imagine that you need to be pregnant to have it in your system. The placenta makes hCG in increasing quant_ties during the first trimester, doubling every 48-72 hours and significantly tapers off after the first trimester. Hope this helps a little. I am sure there is more info out there that I do not know about.

Reb - December 7

You can hold hcg in your system after a miscarriage for a while, but if you weren't pregnant, there won't be any. You may not have a high enough concentration in your urine to get a positive on an HPT until after you have missed your period. In other words,if you test too early, you could get a false negative. The waiting to test is the hard part, but you should wait a few days and test again. If you are still neg, see the doc for a blood test.

Tracy - December 7

When I quit my birth control pill to try to get pregnant, the first month I had symptoms. Then I didn't have them for the next two months. Now, I'm 6 wks pregnant and they are back. I don't know if this is fits your situation, though.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?