Hcg Question-pg112958483018

6 Replies
tina - October 17

i'm 10 wks along and yesterday i went to er b/c of bleeding slightly.did ultrasound and hcg quant_ty. they saw no heartbeat,no movement and hcg quant was 1000. 2 wks ago there was a heartbeat & healthy baby.they said prepare for miscarriage.went to doctor today for f/u and my hcg quant was 57,100. i heard when having miscarriage they will vary but that much?please help,doc hasn't called back yet.am i getting hopes up high?

hey - October 17

if the baby is lost your hcg level drops

Christy - October 18

I would have my hopes high as well. Thats a pretty big jump. I would ask for another ultrasound with another tech. Also ask for more bloodwork to see if it continues to go up. Please let me know what your doctor says and good luck.

Erin - October 18

Yeah... that's a pretty huge jump! I'd try and stay calm (yeah right) but I would certainly be very optimistic. If after that temp jump, your doc is still saying m/c, you might want to find a second opinion. Good luck and I hope your baby is well! Please don't forget to come back on here and update!

to tina - October 18

Did you look at the ultrasound along with them? Did you see no heartbeat also? I am just concerned about why they would say that....Good luck sweetie...Please keep us updated and let us know how this turns out...

ps - October 18

I am sorry you have to wait for your doctor to call back while you are so anxious. Don't you just hate that? I once had to keep bugging them...you might want to keep calling and explain to them that you are very anxious and need answers

Angela - October 21

I have a friend and the exact same thing happen to her after going to another MD for a 2nd opinion she discover she was pregnant with twins and she had lost one of them. She is now doing fine due in Jan 06

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?