Heartbeat-pg117373481242

3 Replies
cblack - March 12

I am new to this site, and have a question for anyone that can help relieve some of my worry. I went to the doctor last wednesday and had my second u/s (I was 10wk 3days at that appt) and my baby's heartbeat is the same now as it was at my 6 wk u/s. The heartbeat is only 122 bpm, and a friend of mine who is at 9wk 3 days has a heartbeat of 171bpm. Should I be worried that mine is so low for my baby? This is my first.

DownbutnotOUT - March 12

my first 2, which were boys, 150-155 and my 3rd, a girl, was 120-125. The normal range is 120-170/180 so as long as your peanut is in that range I wouldnt worry.

cblack - March 12

Thanks so much! That really makes me feel better... and maybe that means I am having a little girl! :)

SaraH - March 12

nope. The heartbeat should normally be between 120-160. It starts out slow, then goes up until it's about 180 bpm, before it decrease again to the 120-160 rang where it stays --This might be why your friends was still a bit higher then normal range. Also if the mothers heart rate is up b/c of something (like nervousness or such) the babies heart rate will go up, or if the baby has been doing a lot of moving it will be higher too, so those could also be why your friends baby was up around 171 bpm. Overall both heart rates are nothing to worry about and are pretty normal.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?