Help -pg110796456518

7 Replies
new mommie - February 9

am 6 mos pregnant and I had completely ruled out br___tfeeding because my nipples are so super sensitive I hardly let my husband mess with them. I am afraid that it is too much of a s_xual type of thing or that it will hurt! I hear about how important it is to use br___t milk to feed the baby so I have considered a pump but I heard that it hurts really bad and messes up your nipples. HELP!

Lindsey - February 9

I have never heard that about b___st pumps. Although, that was 3 years ago when I used one. I got one, I believe at walmart or Target. To be honest, Your b___sts and nipples are going to be sore if you're going to b___st feed, but I'm glad I did. What I liked about my b___st pump what that you control the suction with the touch of a finger. So, If you do experience pain you can take your finger off of the valve, and relieve the pain. My sister in law also does not know if she wants to b___st feed for the same reason as you..but you do what you feel comfortable doing. I recall bringing my son home from the hospital and everytime he would latch on to my b___st, my husband thought is was hilarious and he called it the "b___stfeeding dance"! I would have to stand up, and as soon as that little mouth would grab on I would jump and squirm....I'm not scaring you by no means, but every woman is different! The best of luck to you, your hubby and that wonderful miracle! Send us all baby dust!

newmommie - February 9

Thank you Lindsey. I really needed to be put at ease abou the pump. The benefits of b___st feeding out way the benefits of formula so I almost feel selfish niot to give my baby the best. That about the b___stfeeding dance, now that's funny! Cute but funny. I have a feeling my husband is going to joke with me about the whole thing....I know he looks forwarding to watching it happen. Thank you for your kind words. I wish you all the baby dust in the world =o)

Lindsey - February 9

NewMommie: Thank you for the baby dust. I took 3 hpt's-Ept's over the weekend. All 3 came out positive...only 1 under the time stated in the directions...I called EPT and they said that was def a positive. The only thing is, I took a regular EPT this morning with 'first' morning urine..wasn't much and it came up negative. It was different than the other 3 which had the + for pregnant and - for negative. the one this morning had the 1 line not preg, 2 lines preg, and it came up negative....The only thing is I have been having symptoms, like the nausea, feelin like I ate a turkey, and the white looking pimples around the nipples. Do you think these are signs or is this just all in my head? I'm due for af tomorrow. I've been having cramps since Saturday, off and on and not severe, but I just don't know. What do you think?

New Mommie - February 9

Sounds to me like you got hit head on with the baby dust. I would make a Dr appt so you can find out for sure just to ease your mind and make those 1st prenatal appts!!! How exciting!!! I hope youare really preggo. I love being pregnant!!!! I don't have the white bumps on my nipples but they look like saucers!!! My b___bs are getting huge which is way different for me cause I use to be totally flat about 5 years ago (29 now). My husband finds it humorous and calls me b___barella! But I do think that you are preg if you had 3 tests show pos. Keep me updated =o)

Lindsey - February 9

Newmommie: I hope I did get hit with the baby dust. Maybe I will call the dr and get some blood work. I will keep you posted. Is this your first child? I'm 24 and married for 5 years, and have a 3 year old son. I couldn't wait for him to get big, now I just wish he was little again. I had a miscarriage back in Oct of 2004. I was completely devastated. I knew in my heart something was wrong. I just didn't have the symptoms I had with my first preg. They said it was genetically deformed, etc. So, I am PRAYING TO GOD for this to be a true positive result! Did you get crampy the week b4 your period was due. That's how I have been. Just crampy off and on...just feels like my period is on its way..That's never happened to me b4. I never have any symptoms of my period coming other than a zit or two. Keep me posted on how you and baby are doing. Feel free to email me! [email protected]

New Mommie - February 9

Yes this is our first :o) This is actually my 4th pregnancy. i had an abortion about 15 yrs ago and haven't been the same since. After that I didn't want to get pregnant for a long, long time. I am 29 now. When my husband and I got together we decided to try for a family. We were devastated with 2 miscarriages last year. One in April and One in August. I didn't have enuff progesterone to support the babies. I had allot of opionated people say that I should wait a couple of years and give myself time to greive but I knew in my heart that no matter how much time went by I would always morn the loss of those two babies. I still do today. We didn't plan for this pregnancy to come along as quickly as it did. It was a complete blessing from God! Thus her name (Heavenly). I am 6 months now and no problems have arrised thank God. When we found out that we are having a girl I decided then and there that her middle name would be Graciela after his mother whom is deceased. I never had the pleasure of meeting her...she pa__sed away from cancer almost 2 years ago. I am so excited and scared at the same time. I am so impatient tat this point I can't wait to see my little Heavenly. About the cramping...yes....I had cramping all the way up til the day I was to get my period. I kept running to the bathroom and checking but nothing came. I decided to take a test and BINGO, it was positive. I wish you the best of luck.

Lindsey - February 9

NewMommie: God bless you! I thought having 1 miscarriage was bad enough. But 2! This baby is truly a blessing! Congrats to you! I too, never got to meet my husband's mother. I knew of her, and heard she was a terrific woman. She also died of cancer. That's a very pretty middle name. I'm sure your husband will be honored. As for being scared, I think that's inevitable. I was scared also. But, My labor was only 4 hours. And only 1 hour of hard labor. I will tell you this...While most women will say it hurts to push, I always remembered watching "A Baby Story" and nurses would say "push the pain away". They are absolutely right. I would get a contraction, then push it away...Just stay focused...breathe! Ok, anyways, got a little carried away! LOL I sure hope there is a baby in the oven, but I know how the mind can play tricks on you when you want something so badly. Keep me posted, I really enjoy chatting with you! I'll keep you posted as well.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?