How Soon -pg110348678928

3 Replies
khb - December 19

how far a long is it ok to tell family anf friends we are expecting? I would love to do something during xmas, but i am only 6 weeks

Mellissa - December 19

1 in 5 pregnancies end in miscarriage. I waited until 13 weeks to tell because the risk of miscarriage goes way down after the first trimester. This being said, if you are willing to go back and tell everyone that something has happened to the pregnancy (should something, of course happen) then no worries and go ahead and tell everyone the good news. A lot of people do not bother with the whole "3-month wait" because they know that they could never hide the sadness of a loss anyways so why bother hiding the pregnancy. They also know that they'll need that family support if tragedy was to hit. So, just ask yourself what's best for you and, CONGRATULATIONS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Zoe - December 19

Alot of people do wait untill after the 3rd month just because of the risk factor. How about just telling your imidiate family. all the best, and enjoy xxx

Tasha - December 20

It is really up to you when you feel comfortable telling people. I was only 5 weeks along when my husband and I told our families and friends. We told them the day after I took an at home preg. test. I had not even been to the doctor yet, but we were just too excited to keep it to ourselves! I did wait until I was about 10 weeks to tell my (now ex) boss though. Do what feels right for you. I didn't mind telling people b/c for some reason I just felt like God was protecting my child and I would not have a miscarriage. I also felt that if I did by some chance have a miscarriage that I would need my family's support. Congratulations on your exciting news! Hope all goes well! ~21 weeks 1 day preg.~

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?