I NEED HELP Pg1252944957

2 Replies
SaraLynn - September 14

I have a problem. I am scheduled to have surgery Thursday, Sept 24, to repair a torn cartlidge in my wrist. They are doing it as out-patient, I'm NOT going under general anesthisia, they are doing a nerve block and only numbing my arm, but they are giving me a sedative to relax me. Now I don't know what to do, I think I might be pregnant. I don't want to wait to have the surgery, because my wrist hurts like you wouldn't believe, but I don't want to have it and hurt the baby if I am pregnant. Does anyone on here know if the sedative and nerve block are potentially harmful to an unborn baby, or am I safe to go ahead with things as scheduled? PLEASE HELP?!?! I only have a week to figure this out!!

Grandpa Viv - September 14

You should call the doctor's office and mention your concern to the nurse. I am pretty sure she will tell you there is nothing to worry about. Take a pregnancy test anyway. Good luck!

SaraLynn - September 14

I have been doing some looking and reading on Wikipedia and WebMD. I guess I was so nervous about the fact that the timing of this pregnancy would be off on so manly levels (I'm also standing up for a wedding 2 weeks after what my possible due date would be if I am in fact pregnant) that I didn't stop to think. Yes, everything should be ok, because the medicines that they are going to use for my surgery aren't any different than what they administer during labor and birth. I didn't stop to think about the IV pain meds that I received during my first pregnancy/delivery, or the epidural that I received at that time, also. I am going to do a test first thing in the morning and post if I am or not. Also, I go in on Thursday the 17th for my pre-op and I will ask then, and post what I'm told, so if there is anyone else out there going through the same thing, answers will be available.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?