Ice Tea-pg111758184718

8 Replies
nicole - May 31

I have had ice tea in the last couple of days. It says its sugar free but I read the ingredients and it has maltodextrin and aspartame in it. Should I not drink this anymore?

Jessie - May 31

I only know about Aspartame I did not know you needed to stay away from maltodextrin. whats the reason for it???

Maddie - May 31

There'd be warnings right?

KH - May 31

I would definitely refrain from drinking that, but I wouldn't worry that you only drank it for a few days.....

Jessie - May 31

whats wrong with maltodextrin I have been drinking lemon aid with through my hole pregnancy and it has that in it....help I am freaked now.....

m - May 31

usually there's no warning signal on food/drink in regards to pregnancy. Just drugs. If ithat tea mix worries you, stop drinking that one and buy one that doesn't have that in it.

Karen - June 1

Ok does all Ice tea mix have this? Or is it just the ones sweeten with it ? I usually buy freshly brewed ice tea that is sweeten it natual sugar. I think that is ok.

BBK - June 1

Aspartame is a potential problem in pregnancy. I would urge you to not use artificial substances in general, especially when pregnant. As a general comment, I would also take the government warnings on product safety with a grain of salt; Self education, and getting both sides' comments is better in my hummble opininon. It takes time, but think about ... say Vioxx....FDA approved it, then banned it. Does it mean Vioxx was safe till the moment it was banned?!

.... - June 1

moderation, like with anything! Just note that Iced Tea has caffeine, so watch how many your drinking. Obviously it is less than coffee but does contain caffeine none the less.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?