Implantation Bleeding -pg114848723018

4 Replies
LILMAMA - May 24

DOES PREGNANCY START AT IMPLANTATION BLEEDING? I AM 8 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS AND I HAD IMPLANTATION BLEEDING EXACTLY 8 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS AGO. SO SHOULD I NOT GO BY MY LMP? SHOULD I CALCULATE MY PREGNANCY BY WHEN I HAD IMPLANTATION? SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!!

smskam - May 24

docs calculate pregnancy from the FIRST DAY OF UR LAST MENSTRUAL PERIOD..the docs can't be sure exactly when u concieved so they use this method to calculate. also implantation bleeding is not the norm i am told ..not all women have it and there is no exact time when it occurs ..it can occur early or late....it varies from pregnancy to pregnancy.Hope this helps..good luck!

Lynne - May 24

The calculation is by lmp. Congrats on your pregnancy.

LILMAMA - May 24

IF I CALCULATE MY PREGNANCY BY MY LMP THEN I WOULD BE 11 WEEKS BUT THE ULTRASOUND MEASURES THE BABY AT 8 WEEKS. SO HOW CAN THAT BE?

LadyD - May 24

You are supposed to calculate from the date you ovulate because that's when the sperm is fertilizing the egg, that's when conception actually occurs. I used the calculator on mymonthlycycles.com, too, and it says the same thing. When I was pg, my lmp was 12/26, I ov'd about 1/9 which is the date I had s_x and my due date was 9/29 which is correct. I saw more than 1 dr. and their dates were pretty close. Long story as to how I know when, if you look at some other posts you'll see it, but I don't want to type the whole thing again. Basically, I was moving a few weeks from then and had some last minute s_x that caused me to move right back.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?