Irregular Periods-pg117009202917

7 Replies
Rekcus - January 29

My husband and I just started trying to get pregnant this month, but as I'm reading up on ovulation and high fertility times, I'm beginning to worry about my cycles. I've never really tracked my cycles, but do know that they are about 5-6 weeks long. I also have some bleeding about a week before. I worried that I may not be ovulating or something could be wrong. I'm going to the dr to get checked out next week, but wanted to know if anyone has a cycle like this. I've also ordered a ovulation tester kit, Ovatel, to tell me if I'm ovulating. Anyone have a similar situation?

yumymumy - January 29

im in the exact same boat, before 5 months ago i never tracked my cycles but since im trying to get pregnant i have been. i got a period in august, then again in november 25th. and then another in january 15th... so my last cycle was 50days long. i need to go to the doctors, because im starting to believe im not ovulating all the time, and my cycles are that long its so frustrating all tho i try not to get stressed over it. my plan is to get a scan and check everything is ok, that i have no cysts or anything. i have symptoms of PCOS so im going to get checked for that too. i know a girl who just got PCOS. basicaly she was having irregular periods she once went 11months without one and didnt go to the doc about it, instead of her getting a period her egg would form into a cyct and now shes got 13, and theres to many to egt removed. this can happen from missing periods. i mean doesnt happen to everyone but it can happen. best of luck :)

MelissaP - January 30

I totally know where you are coming from! My cycles are about 32-45 days. They are never the same length from month to month. It is a pain in the a$$! So it is really hard to pinpoint ovulation. I just recently went to the doctor, because my husand and I want to start a family. She told me to start on opks' for the first six months and if we don't have any luck...then we would go the route with clomid. She thought that I wasn't ovulating regurarly. I hope the opks's work because I definitely don't want to do the clomid thing.

Rekcus - January 30

MelissaP- That is what I'm going to start doing. Its the bleeding a few days before my my periods that has me worried that something might be wrong!

MelissaP - January 30

I sometimes have a wierd issue with the bleeding too. I was having break thru bleeding between periods for no reason at all. And it wasn't bright blood...it was old looking gross brown, thick blood and it was a lot! It lasted from like period to period. It was sooo annoying. I remember going to the doctor fot that an she put me on a medicine called flagyl or something like that and it made it stop. She said it wasn't an infection and it was just something my body was doing. I was like....great. Can we make it stop?...LOL

Rekcus - January 30

LOL. Mine is icky brown too, but only last a day or two right before. It's more than spotting, but not enough to think its my period. I just hope its not something like PCOS or Endo.

MelissaP - January 30

Hopefully it's just our bodies being wacky and not to serious an issue. I have thought about endometriosis and all that..but I thought, I would be having pain if that was the case right? Anyways...guess we'll just have to see how things go over the next few months. Good luck to you and I wish you the best! =)

pregoplease - February 1

Hi there! I got off the pill in July and was having the same problem. Are you over weight at all? The doctor said that I have PCOS..which basically means that I don't ovulate normally. I would go 45-50 days a cycle. SO, she put me on Metphormin, which is a diabedes medicine, but it helps to regulate hormones and insulin levels. I was supposed to start the medication a few days after christmas, but then on christmas day i thought i might be ovulating due to cervical fluid...and so...i got pregnant...so, there is hope! just really keep an eye on your body and how you are feeling. i hadn't had a period for like 45 days and then ovulated out of nowhere...now i'm 7 1/2 weeks pregnant! Hope this info helps! Ask your doctor about metphormin...its the step before clomid! Good luck!!!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?