Is It Just Me -pg111886191818

42 Replies
Karen - June 15

Ok this weekend I was out shopping for my baby. I saw another pregnant lady and she look like c__p. Her hair was messy, she was in a sleeping outfit which was see through cause I could actually see the shorts under it. I mean she made pregnancy look awful. I know that there are days (cause I have them too) where you dont feel good and do feel like c__p and it is like F**k it all :) I do try to pull myself together and make the best of it. I mean come on staying home like that is ok but out in public shopping or running errands is a whole different story. Or is this just me thinking this way ?

Davida - June 15

Anything could have been wrong with her that day other than pregnancy. Maybe she is suffering through some other personal problems? Being pregnant is not always the only thing going on in a woman's life. Cut her some slack.

angela - June 15

Not everybody cares as much about what other people think of them as you do. I give credit to those women who are always "put together." I don't see how they do it. Most of the time I barely have time to brush my teeth and pull my hair back in a pony tail, let alone put actual thought into what I look like. There are more important things than looking "presentable."

Karen - June 15

I know that, pregnancy is not the only thing going on in my life. I have a lot of other issues dealing with as well and they can be extremly stressful if I allow them to be. I not saying that anything is wrong with the way she was dress if she was home but come on in public. Under normal curc_mstances I would not go out in public like that much less pregnant. Yesterday I was in a house dress and had to go out in the evening to run an errand, I could have stayed in that and not worry but I pulled myself together took a bath, grommed myself and dress in a shirt and pants nothing fancy but good enough to go out in public.

Karen - June 15

It is not so much about being presentable, but it helps me to feel better and gets me out of my really down moods. So carrying my self well makes me feel good. You dont need a lot of time to comb your hair and put on clothes. I dont have a lot of time either. I am not talking about make up etc. I just talking about being well kept.

angela - June 15

Again karen, not everyone cares as much what other people think. And there are also people like me, that just DONT HAVE THE TIME, to say oh I need to run an errand, I better go take a bath, "groom" myself and throw on clean "presentable" clothes. I don't know how many times I have run to the store in my pj pants and flip flops, no make up on on and hair all a mess....I DONT GIVE A CRAP what people like you think...I've got more important things to do, like raising my children and taking care of my family. I could care less what people like you think I look like...I would rather run to the store and get back in 10 minutes than spend 30 mins to an hour getting ready, just to make people like you not give me dirty looks or think badly of me.

tina - June 15

for me I think that I look like such c___p pregnant(fat and stuff) that I have to put make up on and try to make myself look decent, whereas I didn't really care prior to the pregnancy.

Karen - June 15

Sorry, but it does not take me an hour to put myself together and look good. So I guess time is not an issue for me.

angela - June 15

You must not have a very big family...it takes a lot longer to do everything when you have 3 kids and one on the way...and I don't need to look decent to other people to feel good about myself.

angela - June 15

sorry but you can't tell me that it takes you 5 minutes to take a shower, "groom" yourself and put on a "decent" outfit...

Karen - June 15

No not five minutes, but it does not take me 30 mins to an hour. Tops is 20 - 25 mins. I have learn to master this process my having to jump from one commitment to another.

Karen - June 15

Oh yea and I dont wear make up either, I go all natural , many people can hardly beleive that I am almost 30. Many think I am 18 or in my early 20's.

Davida - June 15

You obviously cared about what she looked like though. Like I said anything could have been going on in her life. Maybe she had another child who was sick at home or maybe she just lost a loved one, etc...My daughter would have been 1 today but we lost her at 34 wks. When I got out of bed this morning, what I looked like was the last thing on my mind. Good luck to you.

CAT - June 15

To Karen, I think I know what you mean.I like shopping and have made it a point to look good during my pregnancy.I used to wr high heels. now i cut down to a lower heel. I think a lot of those women were like that before they got pregnant.I live in OK and serious,about every pregnant woman I see is wearing flip flops with sweatpants and a t-shirt.I'm just as comfortable with some cute sandals,maternity slacks, I'm loving the fashion with the babydoll tunics a little bit of make-up and a matching bracelet.It is all about how you feel and wearing slacks with a cute top does not take more time than putting sweats and t-shirt on.I do like receiving compliments especially from my husband.I know he loves me no mather how i look but i can see he is proud when people say i look cute pregnant.

L - June 15

Its hard to know if she isn't taking care of herself because of pregnancy or some other stress. Unless you know her to know differently, she may look this way most of the time!

Christina - June 15

When I go out, I like to at least look decent too. It makes me feel better about myself especially since I feel like I look terrible pregnant, but I guess some people don't feel that way. I know what you mean though Karen.

Lynn - June 15

If I have to run to the store to pick something up or whatever I definitely don't get myself all ready to hit the town. I may throw on a baseball hat, maybe some sweats and a t-shirt if I'm cooking breakfast and realize I don;t have enough milk. The other day we were rushed heading out of the house to meet my stepson's mother and being in a hurry I t_tally forgot that I was wearing my plush fuzzy flipflop slippers and walked right out of the house in them! Didn't realize it until I was in a store later and noticed these hot pick feet of mine. I'm like you, I don;t wear makeup and don;t have to style my hair, just shower and go pretty much but still, sometimes you have to go quicker than others. Maybe she was just running out to get something.. or maybe she had an emergency where here doctor wanted to see her asap and found out that it was nothing, she decided to drop by the store on her way home instead of going home and having to go back out again..

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?