Is There Something Wrong With Me -pg121906542631

1 Replies
wannabemama - August 18

My husband and I are trying to get pregnant. I got off the pill ten weeks ago (after 5 1/2 years), and immediately started looking for signs of ovulation. But I began to notice that cervical mucous is virtually nonexistant since stopping the pill, whereas I didn't have this problem while I was on the pill. I'm thinking that it could just be my body reacting to getting off the pill, because the two periods I've had since the pill have also been--well, different (starting out spotty for a day or two, then when it actually starts, it only lasts a day or two). I know these things can take time, and I should be a little more patient, but I was hoping to be one of those women you hear about who gets pregnant within a month after ten years on the pill. Now, I'm starting to think that I'm one of those unlucky women. Plus, that thing about the cervical mucous is just wierd. Has anyone else had this happen? At 27, I thought getting pregnant would be easier than this. Also, what comes in an ovulation kit? How do you use it?

clindholm - August 18

You're probably right that your body is just adjusting to being off the pill. Some people don't even get periods for awhile, so don't be discouraged. It took us 15 months ttc after the pill (2 months the second time) and I did not have the ewcm that everyone says you "must" have to become pregnant- I would not worry.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion