Is This Possible -pg120663225417

3 Replies
Julymommy2b - March 27

I posted this on another board and didn't get many responses..thought I try here. My friend normally ovulates on CD 21. She told her husband to m____ee the morning of CD18 thinking he would get the old sperm out so there would be new ones when she ovulated. Turns out her OPK showed she was about to ovulate that evening. She still had s_x that evening (approx 12 hours after he m____eed) What are her chances she could have got pregnant that night. She also had s_x CD 14, 15, 19 and 20. Not sure what to tell her. Thanks!

mjvdec01 - March 27

If she knows for sure that she ovulated on the 21st and she had s_x on the 20th and the 21st then she is right in the woindow of opportunity. Bare in mind that even with the perfect timing and there is only about a 25% chance of achieving a pregnancy. I would say that your friend is definitely in the two week wait (tww), possibly longer if she doesn't ovulate until cd21. She could start testing a couple of days before her expected period (AF). Tell her to use First Response Early Results (FRER), and only test with first morning urine (fmu). Good luck to her!!

Grandpa Viv - March 27

What a waste! I don't suppose it changed the odds by more than half a percent. Good luck!

FrancesM - March 27

Wow, my DH was out of town for about 10 days and happened to come home at the right time and I got pg. I am not sure that he took care of his business as he was on a hunting trip with the guys and would not have had the chance. I was never concerned about old sperm. Apparently they swim just as well as the new ones. Well, I am now almost 22 weeks and everything is perfect with the pregnancy and the baby. Good luck to your friend. Sounds like they bd on the right days.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?