Is This True -pg114722479918

7 Replies
NikkiR - May 9

I heard that your most fertile times are before your period and after your period. Is this true?

krista-lee - May 9

nope, most fertile days are 14 days before your expected period. say you are expecting to begin on June 20th, most fertile days are about June 4th - 8th

NikkiR - May 9

Hi thanks for responding. So if I had unprotected s_x 3 days after my period do you think I could be prego?

corinne - May 9

Its actually 12-14 days after you started your period. Which means however long your period lasted and then having s_x three days after your period. Sperm can live occasionally up to 5 days.

Evonna - May 10

Basically your most fertile days are close to your menstrual cycle.

LadyD - May 10

Actually every woman is different. The AVERAGE is 14 days after your period and 14 days before your next period if you have a 28 day cycle, but if you have a longer cycle your luteal phase can be longer. For example, I have a 32 day cycle and my most fertile days are about 16 days after my period, which is 1/2 way through my cycle. I don't chart or temp, I've heard a lot of women on here say they do and it helps them determine when they ovulate. I just look at cm and recently I've been spotting. Go to mymonthlycycles.com and track your cycle and it gives you an estimate of when you should ovulate and keep notes. Hope that helps.

sunshinekitty240 - May 10

it depends on ur cycle. I would say it is not impossible, you could be pg but probably not. my husband and i used to do that, i never got pg in 5 years, BUT i got pg having s_x about a week after mine...

CKSAN - May 10

Be careful with trying to "time" it. I have a friend who has three children now... all surprises.. and all trying to "time" it. Those little sperm can hang around for a while, and if you were to happen to ovulate early, well....

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?