Just Found Out-pg114969647518

4 Replies
MaryRoco - June 7

I found out yesterday that I am pregnant. Although my husband and I discussed having children several times before, and he knew I was off my birth control pills, he was furious. Nothing could have prepared me for the way he reacted. He was so viscous and hurtful I can't even believe this is the man I married! We've been together for 6 years, married for almost 2, we have college degrees, decent jobs, own a house, and have been talking about having kids. The past couple of days have been tremendously stressful and awful for me, and I'm worried it might affect the baby. I don't know what to do!

amethyst_dragonfly - June 7

The best thing you can do is decompress. If you know you want this baby and you have the means (financially, emotionally) to take care of it, then remain secure in that. Your husband is probably just very frightened by the reality of having a baby: it's one thing to talk about having kids and a whole other thing to actually HAVE them. A lot of first-time parents feel like they don't have adequate means to take care of a child-- even when they've actually prepared for it! I'm sure he's just bugging out like many first-time dads do. Give him some time to let the reality of it sink in. In the mean time, do what it is you have to do for your baby: schedule your first prenatal appointment, get started on your prenatal vitamins, and take it easy. If he's giving you a hard time or doesn't want to talk about it-- don't bring it up for a little while. But make sure you make it very clear to him that you will NOT compromise your baby's health just because he has decided to have a b___h fit.

LL - June 7

Maryroco I feel bad for you. I'm sure that's not the reaction you expected. Why in the world is he so furious if you both previously discussed having children and he knew you were off your birth control pills? Was he using any type of protection to prevent you from becoming pregnant? This might just be his initial reaction because he's scared and shocked. Hopefully he will come around. You two need to talk about this because you don't need to be stressed out and feel awful. I'm sure he's not a jerk all the time but his reaction sure sounds like one. Good luck to you!

MaryRoco - June 7

Thank you all very much for your support. He has never acted this psychotic before, but I agree that I should probably give him a couple days to cool off. It's hard not to worry because I really want his love and support, but I guess I need to back off a bit. I am praying that he comes around and doesn't bail on me. He made a remark about me getting an abortion, but I made it clear that that was completely out of the question. As much as I don't want to do this alone, I will if I have to. Thanks again for your kind words.

LadyD - June 7

Mary, I feel bad for you. The nerve of your HUSBAND, the man who took your hand in marriage and have known for some time, act foolish with you knowing it takes 2 to make a baby. Abortion? Yeah, right. Huh...you have some serious talking to do with him. I'm sorry but situations like that p__s me the hell off. I have a friend that is 6 wks. pg and her and her "sperm donor" got an apt together after 2 wks of having s_x! Not 1 mth. pa__sed and guess what? She moved back home ALREADY and he left her. She doesn't want to abort because of many previous ones and now she's stuck. I told her she has supportive friends and family but she should've knew better. In your case, he is acting like an a__s, you'll are married. I am so mad and I hope all goes well for you. Maybe it's the shock, I pray it is for your sake. Keep us posted and good luck.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?