Low Blood Pressure-pg111321875518

2 Replies
Marykate - April 11

Was at the doc on Wed last and was told that my blood pressure was very low. He just told me there was nothing to do about it and said it was my blood pressure that was causing all the headaches. Anyone know anything bout low blood pressure? Thanks

Fabienne - April 11

Hi Marykate - no, don't know anything about low blood pressure but I've had it all throughout my pregnancy. I'm 31 weeks preg. now - the lowest was during the first trimester but like I said, I still have it low. Don't know what causes this. Take heart :)

BBK - April 11

Ladies, it is quite normal because of a. Elasticity of te arteries increases due to hormonal activity (namely progesterone) b. higher 'viscosity' of the blood due to the increase in plasma (up to 50%) and c.amount of blood overall increases by 50% in the first 32 weeks of pregnancy. It's no problem when it's a little high or a little low, though you may feel dizzy, or disoriented. The pressure should go back up after 32 weeks. You can try breathing excercises to offset this, and make sure you get enough fresh air.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?