Maternity Leave-pg117381763512

4 Replies
Mrs.Ireland - March 13

Did any of you get paid time off during your maternity leave? My company is giving me 6 wks, but no pay. Is there anything I can do to get some sort of income?

adprix - March 13

Do you live in the US? If so, I believe you should be ent_tled to 12 weeks of unpaid leave under FMLA (although the time you get may have something to do with the size of your company . . . I'm not positive). I am a teacher, and I am getting paid during my maternity leave because I have accrued that many sick/vacation days. I'm not sure what your company's policy is, but I would definitely ask some questions to find out if you're ent_tled to any sort of pay. Good luck!

sososleepy - March 13

I'm saving up sick and vacation days. I can take up to 12 weeks, but I only get paid if I have the time on the books, and I have to pay my insurance for any time I take without pay; is that an anti-check? I'll be putting the little tyke in daycare asap; If I manage to get pg again.

Steph - March 13

In order to qualify for FMLA there has to be at least 50 or more employees, be at the job for over 12 months, and have 1,250 hours of continious employement preceding the date of your leave for maternity. I had to save up through my pregnancy my salary for 2 months so that I could have the luxuary of being home.

bchorinsteinre - March 14

my company gave me 88 days, in which i could collect dissability........ I found out recently that this company expects me to go back to work in may.... now.... in may i will be 8 months along........ i honestly dont think this makes sense... they wouldnt let me work in the begining, but they want me to work in the end? they need to take their policy and shove it where the sun doesnt shine,,,, in my opinion. lmao! you can apply for disability through your company... or through the state..... it all depends on your situation though.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?