Missy-pg112017712618

4 Replies
Missy - June 30

Does your metabolism slow down while you are pregnant? I am trying to understand how I manage to pack on these pounds so damn easily when I eat the same (or less, depending on how I am feeling) than I did pre-pregnancy, I still exercise, yet I am still managing to put on weight. (DISCLAIMER: My doctor has not told me I am hugely fat, nor does he say my weight gain needs to slow or stop. He actually says he is happy I have put on what I've gained, because I was too thin to start out.) I was just wondering, really, if my metabolism is slower now. Also, what has/had/did everyone gain/ed at nearly 27 weeks pregnant?

P - June 30

I hadn't gained anything by that point. I started to gain around 30 weeks and packed on 46 pounds in those few weeks!! My eating didn't change or anything it was insane!! A doctor told me the same thing happened to his wife. She packed on 35lbs. in the last 8 weeks. Oddly enough, I didn't get any stretch marks until after I'd had my baby. I'm still bitter about that. lol I don't think your metabolism slows down per se, I think it's just the nature of being pregnant. If your doc. says your weight gain is okay don't worry about it. Pregnant women are like babies, they should be nice and round. lol

Ksren - July 1

I with you missy. I am not eating a lot and sometimes have to force my self cause the sight of food make me sick. Every visit I seem to add 4 -5 pounds give or take. My doc seems pleased and not concern at all. Most important of all is a healthy normal baby.

amanda - July 1

actually i have a questions about gaining!! ive only gained 2 lbs and im 4 months doctor hasnt said anything except for when i lost a lb is this bad??

To Amanda - July 1

My cousin is tiny and she only gained 15 lbs during her pregnancy's and had 9 lb babies ,three pregnancy's I might add.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?