Mother S Day-pg121030273943

8 Replies
Teddyfinch - May 8

So, my question is this. Is it appropriate to wish someone a Happy Mother's Day that is only pregnant with their first child? I'm curious because I've had a couple of people wish me that and I'm only 12w along lol. I don't mind, but I'm just curious.

clindholm - May 9

Yes, you are a mom already. You are doing things for your child and thinking of what's best for your child. I got my SIL a card specifically for expectant moms.

cblack - May 9

absolutely... lol. I even got a Mothers Day gift and card last year, and also bought DH a Fathers Day gift and card. You are already a mommy even if that little baby isnt here yet!

mama4andmore - May 9

I think it is! My sister has been ttc for about 11 years, but has never been able to. To make her feel better I always get her a card b/c she is such a wonderful Auntie! But you are already a mom and it is hard work carrying a baby! SO Happy Mothers Day! congrats on baby also!

Teddyfinch - May 10

yay! ^^ i was just wondering. thank you so much ladies. and for those of us who have had trouble ttc (7 years total for me) even though a lot of people say pets are no replacement for kids, they certainly help with the lonliness and i've had a cat for 8 years now and every year my little sister would tell me happy mother's day for him lol.

Teddyfinch - May 10

oh and i go in for my 13w scan on the 13th so maybe we'll get to see if any little bits and pieces are showing yet!

schar - May 10

teddy how did you finally get pg? I am having trouble too early miscarriages

Teddyfinch - May 11

clomid m'dear. i was with one quack who put me on 50mg and nothing happened. she wouldn't monitor or do any bloodwork or anything to make sure i wasn't f***ing up my ovaries so i found myself a real doctor that did ultrasounds on day 10 and then 17 and would give either provera or a trigger shot based on follicle size. well on my third cycle (150mg) i had weenie follicles at cd10 with the largest being 8mm so we figured the cycle was a bust but at day 17 i had a 32mm follicle and an 18mm follicle so i got my shot in the b___t with one good follicle. i tested up until about 12 days after my shot and kept getting negatives but my day 21 blood said i did ovulate (i knew because i felt those suckers go) and my period started only 2 days late, so i figured hey at least i ovulated, but for some reason had this big urge to test on what i thought was cd8 and got a bfp. so clomid, one good follicle and a lot of prayer is what did it for me lol.

Teddyfinch - May 11

oh and i've been on progesterone supplements for the whole first trimester to prevent a miscarriage because my progesterone levels were poo in the beginning. they say if you keep miscarrying early to have that checked.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?