Mt Dew-pg111997742718

7 Replies
Nikki - June 28

Need your opinion- I'm going for my 20 week U/S Thursday :) I have heard that they can sometimes be disappointing because the baby won't move and you can't tell what you're having. I have some friends who are telling me to drink a Mt. Dew before the u/s. This makes the baby really active and I will have better pictures, get to see what we're having and have an awesome u/s experience. Have you ever heard of this? I'm trying to stay away from caffine, so I'm not sure what to do. What's your thoughts?

tiffani~edd 11/07/05 - June 28

Can't hurt to try. One Mt. Dew won't hurt you, although I think it's sugar, more than caffeine that does the trick. Drink it about 15 minutes before your ultrasound. Both of my kids refused to cooperate during the 24 week ultrasound, so I wasn't able to see the s_x. But fortunately, the sonographer wasn't able to see all she needed to see and had to schedule a 3rd ultrasound. Little stinkers! :o)

Christina - June 28

Drink a whole lot of water before you go and that will move things out of the way so they can see the baby better. That is what I did and had a great ultrasound experience! Also, if you do decide to drink the Mt. Dew, it won't hurt the baby. Good luck!

to Nikki - June 28

One drink is not going to hurt you.

Steph - June 28

Orange Juice works really well also.

Heidi - June 28

I had a coke I think before I went at 20 wks. The baby had its feet up over it's head and squished together so I didn't get to find out, although they thought it looked like a girl from what they saw.

Kelly K - June 28

I tried it all and this little booger just wouldn't move. I think it just depends on the baby and how he/she is feeling that day.

Sarah - June 28

My doctor told me to drink 32 ounces of clear liquid a half hour before my u/s (scheduled for July 25th). I hope I get to see it!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?