New Plus Size Amp Pregnant Feb 15 2006 New

45 Replies
MeM - February 15

Good morning ladies!! Had a rough night, I just couldn't sleep worth c__p. I was up around 3 and at 4 I laid on the couch and watched tv. Then about 6:15 I fell back to sleep, eventually waddled my way into the bed around 7 and slept till now....lol. Baby ended up being a more active yesterday, and this mornign he's been moving around. I had my good stethoscope from work and we were trying to listen to the heartbeat, but no luck. We found something but it was def too slow, even to slow to be mine. But it sure was something rythmic (sp?) My Valentine's day was good, db bought pretty flowers and some pj pants. I made sugar free cheese cake which was good, and stuffed sh__ls. We had a nice night in. But some bad news yesterday was db has to look for a new car!! Just what we need right now, he just finished paying off his college loan...lol. Well hopefully everything will work out. Have a great day ladies! :)

amb - February 15

morning mem!!! i feel ya on the sleeping part. I wake up atleast once an hour or so!! it sucks! i have a doc appt today and im really going to push for bed rest just so i dont have to come into work! im sorry to hear your db has to get a new car. my dh wants a new car but has an okay working car for now....im glad to hear you had a nice v day. hubby tried to take me and dd out for dinner but with a TWO hour wait we decided to get take out from there and ended up waiting an hour and a half for the food....did go to target and spend some money, i got a baby bath tub and dd got new socks!! the joys in life LMAO and she decided to tell EVERYONE in target that she didnt have toys so we should buy her some right then and there! im so glad i kept my cool cause she has a whole freakin room just for her toys! kids i swear! all in all it was good. im sooo swollen today i got bags under my eyes it sucks!!! i jsut dont get it... im so achy and in pain its awful...well enough of my complaining :-) talk to yall later

MeM - February 15

Amb, I can't see swelling, but my feet sure feel like it. Especially when I put on my shoes they're tight. YOu'd think Id' see it but maybe it's just my feet and not in my ankles?

amb - February 15

hahaha i KNOW the feeling. my shoes would NOT go on this morning and my poor dd had to watch me have a tiny temper tantrum cause i couldnt bend over to untie then tie again UGH!!! i cant close my hands today from them being so swollen so we'll see. i feel selfish about wanting to go on bedrest but in all reality i need it or im going to go buckwild on this chick at work!!!! plus im exhausted all the time, not sleeping well, aches and pains everywhere LOL my dh told me yesterday i sound like a old woman whenever i move. i shoulda smacked him hahahaha!!! i so need to order the babies furniture today or tomorrow EEEKKK!!! mem i know your having a boy, how do you carry? high or low?? my dh told me last night im carrying alot different than i did with our dd. im carrying lower but i dont know if maybe this one has dropped already or not. just wondering cause i did order the crib bedding over the weekend and its so for a girl so that would be my luck LOL!!!

MeM - February 15

Well I'm back to vent. I just got a call for the car place about MY car and I need to put $500 in it....grrr.. First db needs to put that much in, well it's not worth it for his car so he's getting a new one. And my car need struts, a back coil and tie rod, so it's gonna run me at least that much he siad. I'm like this sucks. I thought we were doing ok then both our cars suck....well I'm done for now. I have to get ready for my appt.

MeM - February 15

Everyone tells me I'm carrying high, and it sure feels like it because half the time I can't breath...lol.

amb - February 15

eeek id be so irritated tooabout the car situations!! well good luck at your appt. i think im having that group b strep culture done today YAAAY me lol!! so i gotta leave work early and go home to take a shower and shave hahahaha

MeM - February 15

lol I always do that before my appts. You have fun with that test amb...haha.

amb - February 15

hahaha oh i SO will AND in a few weeks when its your turn just remember you laughed at me so ill get to laugh at you LOL!!!!!

MeM - February 15

lol

amb - February 15

hahaha lol!!! wellim getting out of here early today! the only 2 co workers here withme i cant STAND and everyone else is playing hooky!!! soo im plyaing half day hooky but i can get the house cleaned and laundry done since vals got a bball game tonight and i wont have time to get anything done! ladies, have a grrrreat day!

Shawna E - February 15

Well, I had my doctor's appointment today after basically missing one because he was out of town a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised to see that he still wasn't there... a nurse checked for baby's heartbeat with the doppler and did the fundal height measurement and all of the usual questions. I had been hoping to see him today and ask about "what's what?" as far as baby lumps. I have a pretty good idea of how the baby is lying, but wanted confirmation. The nurse couldn't really tell me. I've lost 5 pounds since going on the gestational diabetes diet, so that means a total gain of just 7 pounds the whole pregnancy. I started at 214 and now weigh 221. The nurse wasn't concerned, she said that many ladies with GD do end up losing weight, especially it they were overweight before. The fundal height is measuring a bit large, just by a week or less. I measured at 35 today instead of 34, but the doc's office considers me to be 33 weeks by my LMP, when by the ultrasound due date I turned 34 weeks on Monday. For many weeks now the doc has considered me to be about a week ahead on fundal height, but I know this is skewed because he considers the due date to be April 1 while I think it really will be March 27, from the estimate given at 2 ultrasounds (taken at 15 weeks and 22 weeks). The nurse admitted that she wasn't the best at measuring fundal height, so she told me not to be concerned about measuring slightly ahead, and added that those with GD often do measure a bit bigger but that the baby isn't necessarily going to be huge, especially since I'm controlling my sugar levels well. I did find out that my doctor is on medical leave until May, so he won't be here to deliver my baby. They are sending me to another doctor in the same clinic, a female who I had wanted to see when I first became pregnant. Ironically, SHE was on medical leave back then! I go see her on March 1, when I will be 36 weeks. Awfully late in pregnancy to be starting over with a brand new doc, but I've heard many good things about her. My regular doctor was very blunt and "old school," doing few tests. He was nice in his way, but I cans ee that many patients might be put off by him. This new doc is supposed to be very sweet and a great listener, and is more prone to do ultrasounds than my regular doc, so maybe she'll do one to check baby's size because of the GD. I hope so! I feel badly for those of you having swelling and aches... I feel guilty for admitting that so far, I've been feeling really great. Better than I did non-pregnant, in fact, except for shortness of breath when I walk far or climb steps. I still have morning sickness, although it isn't nearly as severe as it was the first half of my pregnancy, but the nausea and even the vomitting didn't really bother me... I was just so glad to be pregnant that I was willing to take it! I suppose some of it is because I was depressed before I got pregnant again, after three losses and waiting so long for a baby. So now that I am pregnant and almost due, I have been feeling wonderful and happy, just a little awkward when getting up off the couch or sitting for too long. I'm one of those women that many pregnant ladies hate, the kind who just loves everything about being pregnant (I really do)! I wonder if my att_tude will stay that way? I check my wedding band a few times a day, to see if I'm swelling, and thankfully it still comes off with ease. Oh, the Valentine's photos turned out nicely, once I got the hang of the camera's timer, and once I downloaded them in the computer and threw out most of the pictures which showed me at less than flattering angles! My husband really liked them, thank goodness. I figure, he sees me every day, in every stage of dress and undress and in harsh light or dim, and in unflattering poses or good ones, so pictures shouldn't be something to get edgy about. At least with the photos, I can choose which ones I think are decent enough to keep! I'm glad I took them. And boy, did my belly really look big! I love it! I keep forgetting how pregnant I look, it is all still so surreal to me after all of our struggles! I hope that everyone else here is feeling better, and that the time will pa__s quickly for you.

Karen - February 15

Heh there gals. Amber I know what you mean when you say you hope your doc will let you go on leave early - I would like to as well. I'm really beginning to be bothered by the state of the house - it needs a good cleaning but I'm so tired these days, well actually I'm using pregnancy as an excuse not to clean. Maybe I should hire someone...wonder if hubby would go for that??? I'm suppose to work up until March 31st - am due April 16th as some might recall. I'm now 31 weeks and four days. Had gained 20 lbs but since being diagnosed with gestational diabetes three weeks ago and changing my diet and monitoring my sugars I've actually lost 6 lbs. The rug for the baby room went in tonight but can't move anything in because the installer knocked a big hole in the wall and now it needs to be repaired. I almost lost it! Now I have to wait a couple of more days before moving in all the baby stuff...I was really looking forward to having a semi-finished room for the weekend. And now hubby wants to replace all the trim...yeah more work and waiting...yep patience is running thin. I'm curious what others have bought for baby clothes....how many sleepers, etc...I feel like I don't have enough gear for the little one. Umm...what else. Today I felt like there was extra pressure down below and felt some additional discomfort. Wondering now if baby is beginning to drop??? Who the heck knows I say...haha. We ordered our stroller last night from Toys R Us - it should be delivered over the next couple of days. We waited for months for it to go on sale and save a $100!!! Oh by the way - we don't know what we are having and this is our first baby. I'm 33 or 34 (I can never remember) and hubby is 35. Valentines Day was spent at prenatal cla__s - the first year we didn't enjoy wine and sorry to say there was no hanky panky either - I went straight to bed!!! Haha. Did receive beautiful flowers at work - a single yellow rose was included in the bunch of red ones - he said the yellow one was for "mom" from Lil Stas (our nick name for little one). It was sweet. C___p I'm emotional these days...hope this isn't a sign of depression...heehee. Anyways...hope you guys are doing well and look forward to travelling the last stretch of the road with you all. Oh - and Charlene - congrats on bringing that little bundle of joy home - saw it on the other post! It must be like heaven for you... :o) Okay...must go find my bed...take care.

MeM - February 15

CHarlene I did see that you got to bring baby home, I'm so excited for you!!! YOu've got to be so proud! Amb when I read your post I actually laughed out loud so all I put was "lol"...lol. So I had my 32 week apt today, it went well. I gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks. Doctor didnt' seem concerned because I was losing weight. I talked to her about work and she said well what are my complaints, I said back and hip pain for the most part. She said that when I have pain she has to doc_ment it so that when I want to go on leave she has an excuse. SHe told me it doesn't do any good not to tell her, she goes I need to knwo...lol. I told her i don't like ti whine and I know that I'm going to be uncomfortable pregnant. When the nurse took my blood pressure she said it was a little high today, but the doctor didn't even mention it. Baby's heart beat was in the 150s. Karen speaking of names for the baby we call ours wiggy. Don't remember how it got started but everyone calls him baby wiggy...haha. At work today I learned that my landlord died, it was sad. I was down in the emergency room picking up a new patient and seen the my landlords wife and she was cry ing and another nurse said someone died. Well after some invesitgation I found out he went into the ER in cardiac arrest. It was sad. I wonder if now I'll have to find another apartment. I hope that the wife is ok. Well ladies have a great night! :)

amb - February 16

morning ladies: well i went to the docs yesterday and my blood pressure was 160/something so they freaked and my protein was up in my urine by two points AND i gained SIXTEEN pounds of fluid so as of now im on complete bed rest... not as fun as i thoguht it would be,. im actually antsy and hope i didnt jinx myself by wanting leave early.....karen i havent bought much clothes but hten again i still havent bought the crib or dresser.. EEKKK so ladies here i am BOREDout my mind now that im told i have to stay in bed EWWW lol im whiny this morning... ill check in later

MeM - February 16

Poor amb, are they monitoring you for preeclampsia? At least you can lay around, I wish that I could. I have to go to the drug store and get my prenatal brace to help with the hip and back pain. I doubt I'll wear it but I'll need to show that I have pain and I need to get off from work for it. SO amb how long are you off for? the rest of the pregnancy? I'm jealous...lol. Well I'll be back!

amb - February 16

yep im off work the next 12 weeks... im due in 6 and then i get 6 more off. i dont know what they think, i have to go backtomorrow to see if my protein and blood pressure is still up... they do want me to lay on my left side but it hurts my body but im trying lol all i can see is a dirty house and laundry out the b___t so trhats what i want to do but im trying to be good and just lay around. well ill be back later!!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?