New Plus Size Amp Pregnant Nov 15 2005 New

85 Replies
lynnstress - November 15

Mid-November?!? I'm not ready for it to be this late already! I will post later today, after I get my errands done, and I will include all the info from yesterday's doctor appointment. My info now: I'm 38 years old, 36 weeks pregnant with our first baby (it's a boy), and my pre-pregnancy weight was 234. As of yesterday I am 269 lbs., making a total weight gain of 35 lbs. I keep telling them that I am not trying to eat for two or anything like that. Even hubby agrees and says my eating is not out of control! Baby weighs approximately 7 lbs. now. Hope everybody has a good day.

amb - November 15

LYNNSTRESS, im so excited for you!!36 weeks, your in the home stretch!! well my info for all the newbies! im 23 years old, pg with second baby im 21 weeks along, supposedly its another girl! we'll see when he/she comes out. probably just wishful thinking cause we really wanted a boy! i have NO idea for girl names! my dh wants an unusual name so ANY HELP would be greatly appreicated. he wants the name trinity but i dont like it that much!! well yall have a good day and ill be back later on!

Julie - November 15

hey lynnstress,congrats on your pregnancy!I am38 and 23 weeks preg. with my 2nd child.my advice is to eat and enjoy this time.I am always hungry and i give in to my hunger.35 is not alot of weight gain really since your nearing the home stretch.

lynnstress - November 15

Hey everyone, I've been updating and emailing since before 8:00 this morning! After I post here, I think I'm taking a nap. It's cold and dreary here; winter is starting. Last week Friday, we broke a record high temp - 64 degrees. Don't forget, I live in the north country, so that's really nice for November! Yesterday was my 36-week appointment. First, they told me I gained another 4 lbs in one week. My questions were: 1) Should I remove nail polish before going to the hospital, if c-section is necessary? No, that should be no problem. So I can do my toes again! 2) Several days last week, I was very sore on the left side of my abdomen. Is this due to more stretching? Most likely yes. 3) My feet and legs below the knee get very swollen when I’ve been on my feet or running errands; what can I do about that? Knee-high support hose - check Target or Wal-Mart in the pharmacy / health & beauty section. 4) Should I add a day to my workout schedule? That's completely up to me, whatever I feel comfortable with. (So I will probably stick with the three days per week.) 5) Will MY temperature go down after I deliver? Possibly - could go either way. I’m used to this non-answer. 6) Should I add anything special to my diet now? For the past few weeks, I've been wanting more dairy - even before my pregnancy e-newsletters arrived telling me that I would need extra calcium and protein now, since baby’s bones are hardening. She said there wasn’t anything I should worry about adding to my diet. 7) I asked what the procedure is for when I think I’m going into labor. There's a card with the hospital’s phone number and some other advice. I have that in the folder that I bring to every appointment. It has all my notes and questions, and the weight gain / appointment chart I made many months ago. 8) What should I expect during the next visits? When should my husband come? She asked if I have had an internal exam recently; I said no, but I don’t care, you guys tell me when you want or need to do it. We’ll probably do one next week and every week, to see how things are progressing dilation and effacement-wise. And same as before, weight and blood pressure checks, going over my questions. Hubby can come any time - I said he wouldn’t want to be around for any exams. So he can leave the room or stand by me for a few minutes. Then it was time to get measured. I’m 38 cm now, which is just above average for 36 weeks, apparently. She asked if anyone has estimated baby’s weight. Not since the last u/s. He’s at around 7 pounds. Right now?!? Yes. I asked how much he might weigh at delivery. If I go full term, maybe 8-1/2 lbs. She also said that it’s only three more days until he will be considered full term. I told her they did tell me a few weeks ago that I could go early. I have now met all the doctors; there's one I didn't care for. Anything we can do about that? She said unfortunately, no. The only thing that could possibly be done is IF I go late, and we start talking about inducing, is that I can see who's working when, and choose a day that doctor is not on call. She asked if we want more children. I want to try for one or two more, depending on how long it takes for me to get pregnant again. Okay, let’s talk about interim birth control. Her best suggestions for me were the mini pill, a progestin-releasing IUD, and condoms. I didn’t want to consider IUD, because I have no desire for a foreign object to be floating around inside me. But, some of the things she told me about it at least piqued my interest. She gave me a brochure to read. I still have a while to decide about that. Okay! That's all I have for now - sorry it's so long. I have to save something for my next post - I'll tell you about the shower later!

amb - November 15

hey ladies, okay i posted a name question its "girl names I KNOW I KNOW" if you would look at the list if you have time and seeif theres any you like and let me know!!! THANKS!!!

MeM - November 16

Good morning! I wasn't able to get on at all yesterday because I worked 12 hours at work. I'm not use to that, so last night I had leg cramps all night. I got out at 7pm and I asked my db on the phone to wash ONE pan so I could make some spaghetti (sp?) when I got home (I've been craving it) and he didn't do it be3cause it was too much to do. I was like are yiou kidding me. I'm was so mad, so I got home and did all the dishes and then made supper just for me. And it's his turn to do the dishes...it's not like it's a big deal but I was so mad. LIke he couldnt' wash one dish. Anyway to update myself I'm 19 weeks and I've gained 10 lb so far. I started at 255lb and now weight 265 lb. I found out I'm having a boy and this is my first baby. We're so excited. But I am going to go for now bye :)

YC - November 16

Hello Everyone, I cannot belive it is mid-November. Well I am sure you all know my stats by now but here they go...I am 29 pregnant with our first...a little girl. So far I have gained 50 lbs. I was super worried about it but figure at this point what can I do. I am looking forward to hitting the gym as soon as I can. I have my 36 week appointment tomorrow...woohoo!!! I can't wait. I will however be getting the Strep B swab (rectal swab) so I am not looking forward to that. Oh well. I will have an internal exam tomorrow so I am hoping for news about dialiation or effacement. I also think I have begun to lose my mucous plug so I am excited about that. I only have 6 more days here in the office (including today) and then I get to spend my last two weeks working from home. I can't wait! The commute to work is really starting to wear on me! My boyfrind and I went to our first cla__s on Monday night. It was the "Late Pregnancy" cla__s. It was intersting to say the least. It was seriously like a bad episode of Seinfeld or something. First of all they could have not found more dull first-time-parents-to be. There were about 20 couples there and not a single one had any sort of sense of humor. The teacher was cool and she kept cracking jokes which only my boyfriend and I and one other couple thought were funny. I felt so bad for the her, she was dying up there. Then there was this one couple there that is having twins and ladies you would have thought she was the first woman in history to have more than one baby at one time. She actually asked this question…and I am quoting her word for word, “Are you sure the staff is prepared for a twin delivery…that is two baby’s at once you know”. Everybody looked at her like no sh*t Sherlock…we all know twins means two. This one woman came in a little late and you could tell she had been crying. A few minutes later her husband comes in smelling like he had drank everything they had at the bar. Then he tried to cover up the smell with a whole box of tic tacs. He sat right behind me and I could smell his breath the whole time. It was horrible. We had to get up at the end of cla__s and walk from the medical offices across the street to the hospital for the tour. You should have seen the looks on people’s faces watching all these women and their partners waddle across the street. It was hilarious. When we got over to the tour the annoying twin woman kept saying things like, “I only see one baby warmer in here…I’m having twins” and “Do the nurses know what to do with the first baby while I am pushing out the other, I won’t have them both at once you know”. The nurses looked like they wanted to slap her. Unfortunately I did not learn much. I did learn that my boyfriend will not be able to spend the night with the baby and I. He has to leave at 9:00p.m. when visiting hours are over. Can you believe that? I am so upset. I do know a couple of the nurses (since we have been to Labor & Deliver so many times) so the instructor said I may be able to bribe them in to letting him stay. We talked to some of the nurses and they said they are not opposed to being bribed with chocolate so I will be heading to See’s Candy a.s.a.p. Well, sorry so long, I just thought it was funny so I had to share. Hope everyone has a great day!

MeM - November 16

YC and Lynnstress you guys have got to be so excited. I thought I was excited for being half way there...lol. But I think so far everything is flying by, it's almost half way over and really the only signs I have of a baby in there are my ultrasound pics...lol. Yes I'm getting chunky but that's because I eat I think haha. Oh well it'll come eventually. Till then I'll just wait for you guys to update!!

amb - November 16

MeM i totally agree with you! i dont look pregnant to me! just bigger!! but thats okay i guess!!! im 21 weeks this week WOO HOO!!! we are starting to move rooms around, my 6 yr old has decided that since she will be a big sister that she wants to move down a room so the baby can sleep in the room next to ours! i am so proud of her for acting that way!! unfortunately i told her she could paint her new room any color she wants... she picked PINK!! so now im going to try and talk her out of that color!! bobby told him awful mom over the weekend about the baby and she could care less, im hurt about it but not shocked in the least bit. thats how his WHOLE family is so im used to it!!! well ladies i better go got work to do!! and YC you are so lucky to be doin work from home soon! i wont ever be able to do that!! sucks :-(

Charlene - November 16

YC- almost there - wow. I loved the story about cla__s - what a crazy lady twin woman was. MeM and amb - I too think it is great to be half way and cannot imagine being so close to the end. I am excited for all :) I see my Dr tomorrow and actually looking forward to it. Get to hear baby's heartbeat which is always rea__suring since belly is not as big as i had thought it would be now (24 weeks) and I just don't know about the kicking - I think I feel it, but then i am always second guessing. Have a great day all and good luck YC and Lynnstress.

MeM - November 16

Charlene I agree with you about the kicking thing. I wonder if I just imagine it or if it's really there. But what I do notice a lot especially at work is I"ll have pressure on either one side or another, or at the front if that makes sense. It tends to be uncomfortable but about a while it goes away or moves to another spot. I think that is the baby laying to one side or another...but not sure. I'm off to do some Christmas shopping, I'll check back later! :)

YC - November 16

Hi MeM, I used to feel that too on one side or the other. It felt like she was curled up in a little ball or something and after a while it would move to another spot. The dr. said it was the baby. Christmas shopping huh...you all are so good! My boyfriend wants to hit all the sales the day after Thanksgiving and wants me to go like we do every year. I told him he's crazy! There is no way I am dragging my big behind out there at 37 weeks pregnant ha!ha! I think everyone will be getting giftcards this year!

Charlene - November 16

Things have seemed so concentrated on baby now, that Christmas is almost a blurr. I have no idea what to get anyone this year - seems to get harder all the time. And i don't even have any ideas for me to give my hubby and mom. What I really want is just a healthy baby!! I love gift cards cause then people can get what they really need or want. Although some think it is a tad too impersonal. We asked for that for wedding gifts. Yesterday , I think baby was lying much closer to or directly on my bladder as I seemed to spend more time in the bathroom yesterday and didn't drink any more than usual. I am gonna be in so much trouble in the last month - I should just have a catheter - LOL

Charlene - November 16

Me again, Just a quick question to those that may have a boy - are you considering circ_mcision?

MeM - November 16

I never even gave it a though about circ_mcision. I will have to talk it over with my boyfriend but I would imagine yes because he is. As far as christmas shopping goes I ended up buying something for my db but couldn't find anything else. I'm the same way I love to have gift cards but as far as giving them I feel bad because it isn't personal but I'd rather get them haha. The pressure on one side or the other must be the baby...that's kinda cool to know. I have an appt on the 30th I'll ask my dr. I should go spend time with my christopher,,,g'ngiht :)

Julie - November 17

Hi all! It's hard for me to get on here and join you guys much being in Japan - I miss all the cool conversations... I have a boy already and found out I am 20 weeks along with another. I don't give circ_mcision a second thought - other then definately... There are many sites that can give you pros and cons - I am not going to preach to you why I chose to have it done, other then that was the desicion that was best for us. Good luck! There is a lot of info out there - try to stay with the facts and not ask for opinions as you know what they say about them :) Just an update, I am 34 ppw was 204 am up to 221 20 weeks prego and found out it's a boy. Our first was a surprize so we thought we would go ahead and find out. We were hoping for a girl but we are very thankful for one that is healthy (I lost 4). We are trying to come up with a name - my first was "baby" all day when he was born as we didn't come up with anything until that night... We're so bad... We are thinking about Joshua Quinn but keep kicking other names around... Our first is Nathan Alexander and it just fits him. I worry that we'll pick something that won't fit. We had Nichole Grace picked out since I was prego with Nathan but obviously, he was a boy... Couldn't use it. We were hoping to use it this go around, but that's just not in the cards... I thought Nathan and Nichole would be cute. They are/will be 11 years apart because of my terrible pregnancy history. Lost three, had Nathan, then couldn't get prego to save my life. 6 years later I got prego with the ectopic, lost my right tube and then took another 4 to get prego again... Here I am. 20 weeks and counting. The triple screen came back all negative. The Radiology tech is in the states on emergency leave (gotta love the military), so it will be another month before I find out the results of the ultrasound. The tech said everything looked fine and nothing out of the ordinary other then they can't pinpoint a due date.. that's changed 4 times since the beginning, I figure sometime the end of March the beginning of April - he'll get here when he's good and ready. I weighed 236 the beginning of the year and decided enough was enough and went on a great diet. I had a goal to be down to a size 14 by Christmas... heheeh - I got to a 16 (203 lbs) and got knocked up :) Well, that's my story - I try to get it in every other posting of this site. I really love reading about you all and I think you all are great... Take care and best wishes!!!

lynnstress - November 17

We will have our son circ_mcised. When we discussed it, hubby said our boy might as well look like daddy. It's a very personal decision, and there are only two options - do it or don't do it. I was out for more Christmas shopping yesterday. I hit 4 stores and got several presents. I'm hoping to be done by next week... I don't want to be out next Friday, either, so we'll stay home that day. Maybe I'll go to my Mom's and help bake cookies with the kids. I have to check with our church and see when they need food shelf items for Thanksgiving - that's only a week from TODAY! Holy cow - or should I say holy turkey??? Anyway, I hope everybody has a great day!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?