New Plus Size Amp Pregnant Nov 1 2005 New

99 Replies
lynnstress - November 1

No denying it's really autumn now! November 1 already. Hope everybody is doing well this morning, no Halloween candy hangovers! Just a few more weeks for me - I'm 34 weeks along, due Dec. 9 with our first. It's a boy. I'm 38 years old, pre-preg I weighed 234, and I have only gained 16 lbs. total so far. I have my 34-week appointment at 3:40 today. Somebody else has to step up to take over making new threads while YC and I are having our babies in early December!

Christi - November 1

Hi ladies. Ahhh.... My feet are so swollen today. It scares me. The doctor doesnt seemed so worried about the swelling, but is scares me. I am 19 years old... 21 weeks pregnant, and my pre pregnancy weight was around 260 pounds. They say 85% chance I am having a baby girl. I'm very excited. Anyone else dealing or have dealt with feet swelling during 20-21 weeks??? Should I worry??? I sit behind a desk 8 hours a day... I think the lack of movement is causing it... my feet dangle all day. How is everyone else doing in their pregnancy???

MeM - November 1

I know it's getting to be that time for you and YC. I'm so excited for you guys! And partly jealous haha. I can take over making the new threads...never made one but doens't seem like it's something I can't handle. :) To update I'm 20 y.o and pregnant with my first baby. I'm 17 weeks due 04/11. Christi-I haven't had any problems with feet swelling or anything sorry I can't help. Try eating watermelon or a caffinated beverage because they are both naturally pull excess water out of your body. But I would ask your doctor first...I'm by no means a dr. Just something I picked up working at the hospital. I have my 17 week appt tomorrow and she should schedule me for an u/s, and we get to find out what I'm having!!! They dont' do that stuff in the office, it's through another source so I have to call and make an appt. I hope they can get me in right away. Haven't felt any kicking yet,,, thought I did but haven't felt any in a while. Just gas I guess. OH YEA, yesterday I got a comment how I'm starting to show...I was happy. But enough rambling from me...talk to you guys later!! :)

Charlene - November 1

I am 35 and 22 weeks today. This will be our first baby - had soem previous complications, but all seems good now. Funny how every trimester we worry about something though - I am really waiting for those big kicks and to see something. I also worry that I am too small - that is funny - never felt that way before - he he I do have a maternity shirt on today and do look more pregnant that I have - although I am not one for the attention. Haven't moved around from my desk yet, so don't know how many people will say something. Great MeM that you will be able to start the new threads. Lynnstress - how exciting that you are getting so close. I think that time must slow down again in the third trimester. It seems when you really want something, it takes forever. The first trimester seemed to be so long for me. Christi - no swelling for me yet either. Try drinking alot of water, it actually flushes your system out more than people think. I too have a desk job, but do get my feet up once at home. I walk the dog after work too, so I know that some exercise is good too. Happy November all.

YC - November 1

Hello everyone. I am 33 weeks 4 days today...46 days to go. I have gained so much weight!!! 47 lbs to be exact. Arghhh. Lynstress you sound so ready. I still feel like Dec. 17th is so far away. I am really looking forward to going on maternity leave and being home with the baby! We pick up our nursery furniture on Friday YAY! It's about a 3 hour drive each way to go get it but it's a great deal so it's worth it plus I get to see my family while I'm there. I have nothing ready. Everything from the shower is organized in boxes, just waiting for the furniture so I can put it all away. Christi- I started experiencing swelling around 24-26ish weeks. My advice is the ususal...drink lots of water, cut out salts, get up from your desk and walk around for a few minutes every hour. You can also get cabbage leaves and wrap them around your ankles. It sounds weird but it works. My swelling isnt to bad if I drink enough water every day. Lately I have been having Carpul Tunel symptoms. Who knew that would be a side effect of pregnancy??? My left wrist is swollen and my fingers/hand go numb when I sleep. It hurts to move my thumb which really sucks because I am left-handed. The dr. says it's normal and I am not in to much pain so I will just deal with it. Anyone else experienceing this? Charlene- your right...with each trimester there is always something new to worry about ha!ha! And yes, the third trimester goes by soooo SLOW. At least for me anyways. For all of you waiting to feel movement, I am right there with ya. Unfortunately I think I have pretty much missed the kicking stage. Now she has so little room in there that it has turned in to squirming around. I feel a little of that from time to time. I am still going to my non-stress tests twice a week. I just can't wait until she is here! Well, I better get some work done. Talk to you all soon.

Misty - November 1

Hi all, I am 25 weeks and pre pregnancy weight I weighed about 235, now I am almost 250. I am hoping I can get it off pretty easy. I have had swelling lately especally when I shower, but it's all worth it in the end. I am having a baby boy due in Feb. Well it is sure nice to see others and to talk about stuff. Hope to talk to you later. Good luck with your pregnancy's. I will pray for you all that all is well.

MeM - November 1

YC- I have ment to ask you about that...is there a reason why you haven't felt any kicking? That's why you have to do the nst right? Just wondering why does that happen if you know? I have to work tonight and i dont' want too...it's nice going in at 3 because I can sleep in but then it would be nice to see my boyfriend. The census at work has picked up seems it's getting colder out, and work has just been running me ragged. I dont' even want to go, and have considered switching jobs because of it. But then I think of the insureance and maternity leave. I just don't think lifting patients that are as big as me is a good idea. I will ask my doctor tomorrow. AMB how did you make out with the mono? Haven't heard from you ?!

b - November 1

Hello All!! Glad to hear from everyone and how they are doing. Me I'm still good. My feet are starting to swell a little, but not to bad. Just get out of breath easily sometimes when moving around alot. Update about myself. I was 240 prepregnancy I've gained 9 pounds, I'm 21 weeks and am having a little boy. Nathaniel (means God has given) will be his name. Feeling alot more movements now. Kicks get stronger everyday. No problems so far with pregnancy, just basic stuff. Appet_te starting to pick up so I have to really watch myself or I could eat all day. Well hope everyone has a good day!!

YC - November 1

Hi MeM and everyone. To answer your question...nope they haven't been able to give me a reason why I am not feeling her. Yes, they have me go to the non-stress tests twice a week to track her movements and watch her heartrate, etc. Everytime the baby moves the machine puts a little black mark on the paper. There she is moving around with little black marks all over the paper but most of it if any I dont feel. I am starting to think I am some freak of nature who has no nerves on the inside. They say things like she is a gentle baby and that it's rare but they have had other women in my same situation that had healthy babies. I think I told you all this already but the midwife's sister went 41 weeks and never felt a thing. They had her doing every test under the sun, a ton of ultrasounds, even had her stay in the hospital to be monitored and still nothing. Out came the baby a week overdue and perfectly healthy. He's a cutie. The doctors still can't explain it. The nurses always tease me and say maybe I wont feel labor...wouldnt that be nice! I am just scared I could be in labor and not realize it ha!ha! Welcome Misty! Is this your first? MeM you really should talk to your doctor about the lifting. My doctor will not allow anything heavy at all. I think it could get really difficult as you get further along. What do you do? Are you a nurse? I forget. p.s. everyone is doing GREAT with the weight gain. Keep it up. Trust me you dont want to follow in my footsteps!

lynnstress - November 1

Hey ladies, trust me, I am FAR FROM ready! I am the world's biggest procrastinator, but I do like to plan and be organized. Go figure. I still have a lot of moments where I just stop and say "Good God, I'm going to have a BABY!" It's still unreal. I know he's there, and I'm not in denial, but it's weird. I asked at an appointment a while ago. They said it's normal, that some women even feel like it's not real after they've been home with baby for a couple of months. My sister said the same thing - that I'll be home a month or two after the baby is born, and I'll look around and say "What have I done?!?" And I've been eating too much Halloween candy today. Hubby shook me awake at 2:30 am to tell me to roll over because I was snoring too much. I told him to f**k off and start sleeping in the other room. I know I'm an emotional eater, and I really shouldn't be doing this hours before getting weighed at the doctor's office. Anyway. I know I sound like the biggest b___h, but I think I get up enough in the middle of the night on my own to go pee, I really don't need him waking me up on purpose and in such an abrupt manner.

YC - November 1

Lynstress you are hillarious! I would be irritated as hell if myboyfriend did that. He knows better. For the most part he sleeps on the air matress anyways because I need the whole bed. I'm glad to hear that feeling like it's not real is normal. Everytime I say that to people they look at me like I am crazy. Like you I am not in denial, I know she's coming but I can't seem to grasp the concept. I am hoping getting the nursery all together this weekend will help. I can't remember anything these days...do you work? If so when are you going on maternity leave and how long are you planning on staying on leave?

lynnstress - November 1

Now, don't everybody hate me, but I get to be a happy homemaker. So I suppose I shouldn't be too rough on hubby. But he should know better and stop p__sing me off! I would really like to find some legitimate way to make decent money on the internet. I haven't been able to find one yet.

Christi - November 1

Okay....So...I've been at work all day today... since 7am. Here it is 2 pm and I just now realized I have been at work all day today without a bra on. I didnt get much sleep last night... I guess that took a toll on my functioning this morning. I feel like such a dumba__s. Lynnstress... I envy the fact that you'll be maintaining the home...I wish I could.... in fact my boyfriend wants me home too, but financially I dont think thats possible... I just got a new car with new payments... ouch... right?I'll get to pump my b___st from work... I guess I'll be holding up the bathroom for 15 minute periods. My biggest fear is that since I work in a small office with one bathroom, they are all gonna hear the b___st pump going and think I am in the bathroom with a vibrator (I hope it doesnt offend anybody). That'll be a little embarra__sing. Anyway... thought I would share my braless story. Its amazing the things you forget/Do when your pregnant.

MeM - November 1

I work as a nurse aide at the hospital. We do most of the lifting because all the nurses do is hand out meds...eventually I'll get there too. I'm just worried about lifting and going into room of paitents who have staff infections... We will see tomorrow what she says. Lynnstress I would be the same way...haha.

amb - November 1

good afternoon ladies! WOW its november, yall ready for Christmas?? HAHA im sooo not ready! congrats lynstress and YC!!! I am about 19 weeks now and am due March 21st. I go in November 10th to find out what Im having!!! I cant wait! everyone thinks its a boy, i think they are all wishfull thinking since we already have 1 little girl!! Well I better run for now! Yall have a great week and Im sure Ill be back later on!!!

amb - November 2

alright, i now realize what indegestion(sp) and heartburn TRULY is!! holy c___p i was in so much pain yesterday! I really wanted Chilis, i LOVE their cajun chicken pasta so I went to the store and found alfredo sauce with creole seasonings, wow it was sooo good with chicken strips! but man i got heartburn and pain all over my chest area, my husband started laughing and said "can you take tums" i said "UH YEAH ive already taken 4" he started laughing! hes lucky he still has teeth :-) well i hope this day meets you all with greatness

Shawna E. - November 2

Hi, ladies! I'm glad to have found this thread. I am 19 weeks into my fourth pregnancy (I had two miscarriages and an ectopic before, and years of infertility), and I find myself worrying about so many things! We want this baby so badly after all of the loss and grief. I weighed 214 pounds before becoming pregnant, at 5' 6" and a size 16/18 pants. Now, at 19 weeks, I weigh 213 pounds... I initially lost about 6 pounds and am just now gaining it back to reach my pre-pregnant weight. My morning sickness is just now beginning to taper off a bit, so I know that has something to do with the weight loss. I figure that my body has plenty of reserves for fueling a pregnancy, and that I just haven't "needed" to gain extra weight. But I wonder, is there anyone else who has gained absolutely NOTHING at this point? My doctor has not expressed concern, but the last time I saw the nurse she said, "Some people lose weight at first." Well, I don't feel like this would be considered "at first" any more! My uterine growth seems on track, just a couple of inches below my navel, and I am just now beginning to show a tiny bit. When uterus meets navel (and the fat roll there!), I think I will really look pregnant. I'm very anxious for that point... I have never "looked" pregnant before, even though we have been trying for our first child for 7 years! I think our baby is doing fine... I feel pokes and kicks almost every day now, which is a wonderful rea__surance between doctor's visits. But still, I have trouble shaking off the fear of my past.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?