Pain Meds-pg110006712263

5 Replies
[email protected] - November 10

my wife and i are trying to ge pregnant and she has a sprained ligament in her arm she takes loritab for the pain should she not take the loritab???

Shalee - November 10

I personally believe its best not to take any meds if you can help it. But Tylenol is always a safe choice that OBs agree a pregnant mom can take

E - November 10

Well, first of all it is a narcotic and narcotics are sometimes given to pregnant women. There is no data which has been able to show an increase in birth defects of women who use hydrocodone (loritab) as compared to the general populations' risk. Pregnant women get in all sort of tangles, car accidents, falls, etc... and need prescription strength meds. Make sure she takes only the prescribed dose. I am a__suming the doc knows she is pregnant? Mine gave me percoset for a condition that I have but fortunately my joints have relaxed and I do not need it.

E - November 10

I just reread and I see you are trying to get pregnant. Ask your doctor in that case. I thought it was prescribed after she found out. I was not taken off my meds when I was trying. Mine were used on an as needed basis so I did not need them each day.

brooke - November 10

I had to take lortab for three weeks in my second month of pregnancy, the doctor said that it is fine, Just only take them when you need them.

Sydelle - November 10

I'm a pharmacy tech and we fill hydrocodone for pregnant women all the time. I guess its a personal decision.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?