Painting-pg113762188718

7 Replies
melle - January 18

My husband and I are planning to paint our bedroom this week. Is that ok? I'm about 4-5 weeks pregnant and don't want to do anything to harm my little one. What do you think?

Been There - January 18

I would say stay away from the fumes. Especially this early in pregnancy. That's just my opinion based on things I've read.

lynnstress - January 18

I asked early on in my preganancy about painting, and was told that as long as the fumes do not bother you, it's okay. I hand painted a border in a friend's living room when I was about 2 months pregnant, but I let other people paint the baby's room (my own superst_tions).

KrYstaL - January 18

latex is ok but i'm pretty sure that you should stay away from oil based paints.

KrYstaL - January 18

oh yea and try to keep a window open for ventilation.

melle - January 19

We will definately keep the window open, though it is in the middle of the winter here. I have a dr. appoint. today so I would also ask is opinion about the subject. Thanks for the info. It would probably be best to not to risk it.

missy - January 19

Its okay as long as the room is well ventulated. I was painting when I was 8 weeks and baby is fine!!!

melle - January 20

I decided to just let my husband do the painting. I feel my baby's health is more than painting.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?