Phantom Pregnancy-pg112125463418

4 Replies
Amanda - July 13

I have been trying for a baby for the past two years, I now believe i have succeeded, nausea,headaches,bloating,mood swings,gas, va___al colour change. Is it possible i may be pregnant or I have heard that you can want a baby so bad that sometimes you can have a "phantom pregnancy", my period is not due until 18 july, I'm too scared to test...any words of advice?

randi - July 13

it is posiable but i never had it and i wanted a baby really bad now im 5 weeks

-m - July 13

I know it's hard to wait but try not to take a pregnancy test until the 18th when your period is due. Even those tests that say they work 5 days before your period don't always work that early (thats what happened to me). And I know it's easier said then done, but try not to stress about it either because that can delay your period. I really hope this is it for you! Good Luck.

viv - July 13

When you are trying for a baby and want one so badly you can start seeing symptoms in yourself that indicate pregnancy even if you aren't actually pregnant. I think sometimes we can want it so badly we can kind of fool our bodies into actually having the symptoms we know pregnant women have. But I don't think that means you are having an actual phantom pregnancy. That is when you truly believe you are pregnant when you aren't. So don't worry. I really hope this is your month, and like -m said, don't take a test til at least the day your period is due. My friend didn't get her positive til she was a week late(she was 5 wks), so those early tests don't always work. Good luck!!

Amanda - July 13

Thank you so much for your response. 18th is not far now and I would rather wait than see another negative sign. I shall keep you informed. Love & best wishes to you all.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?