Placenta-pg112368970318

2 Replies
neelam - August 10

my sister is in the 3rd trimester, she has been told that she has a low lying placenta. please could someone tell us what that actually means.

jena - August 10

usually that means that the placenta is at the bottom of her cervix, not the top. are the doctors concerned? what could be a concern is if she gets placenta previa, which means that the placenta is covering the birth ca___l and that can make a v____al delivery difficult - so while it can be dangerous, really the worst that can happen with this (unless other things come up) is that a C-section would be necessary.

linda - August 10

I had that this pregnancy if it covers the cervics or partial it is called placenta previa if not it may correct it's self mine did in the 35th week. It is high risk if it dosen't correct it's self not to scare you but you could hemmorage when giving birth I wouldnt worry your ob is alraedy aware he will probley just do a c- section and erverything will be fine. just look up plecenta previa it will give you all the medical definition and info.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?