Placenta Is Low -pg111469409218

2 Replies
teresa - April 28

Im at 22 weeks and went for an ultrasound yesterday and they said that my placenta is lying very very low... She did not tell me any things this could affect because she said I would have to talk to the Dr. on that issue.. Anyone else experience this? Does this mean a C-section might come about or... Any info is appreciated!! THANKS

Maleficent - April 28

mine is low and antierior. (up front instead of on my back) the only thing you have to worry about is if it's covering your cervix. if it is...yeah, you will most likely have a c-section. but if that's the case then you will have time to prepare and learn all you can and make peace with it. i don't know if mine is low enough to need a c-section, i should find out in about two weeks. if it is, then i'm okay with that. it's not what i wanted, but a planned c-section is much better than an emergency one and i want to do what ever is best for me and the baby.

E - April 28

I had a complete previa which moved by itself after week 26. I ended up having a c-section due to my placenta tearing away from the uterine wall, while in labor. To be honest, I am so glad I did not have to deliver v____ally. I would not worry b/c the odds of your placenta not moving are so slim. I think you have a 95% chance of it moving away from the cervical opening, prior to birth.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?