Positions -pg114308234418

6 Replies
AmandaQ - March 22

I have two questions. First, what is the best position for s_x when preg.? Second, what is the safest sleeping position? Thanks.

Mellissa - March 22

personally, i think being on top is the best when i'm pregnant. and sleeping on your left side is the most recommended, as it helps bloodflow to the baby. :) hope that helps!!

Alexi - March 23

i agree with Mellissa on both questions. Being on top during s_x gives you control and you'll be more comfortable. Also, your partner won't be afraid of "crushing" the baby (my husband was scared of it). Laying on a side is best from the start of your second tri-mester, and on the left is best for baby's bloodflow. However, DO NOT freak out if you wake up on your back. Chances are, that's what woke you so that you can return to your side. Happy Bed Time!

jellybabe - March 23

I am still quite small and im 24 weeks. So sometimes hubby still goes on top but doesnt put too much pressure ontop. On the sides is probably better aswell for sleeping, but its not so much the baby thats the concern, its more for yourself. The bigger the baby gets, the more he puts pressure on your nerves at the back and that can make you dizzy when he presses on there and general discomfort like numbness of your hands and feet/legs. I also read that on the left side its best for your liver as the baby doesnt press on it like it would if you were to sleep on your right side. But I still wake up on my back. Your body will move itself while you sleep when you are uncomfortable or need to go on your sides. Dont worry too much.

mcatherine - March 23

S_x in the spooning position works well, too.

kari15 - March 23

For me personally i think being on top is the best when i'm pregnant....and i sleep on my right which my doctor said was ok...just as long as your not on your back or tummy.....although doctors #1 preference for sleeping is on your left because since your liver is on your right it increasing the blood flow when you sleep on your left....good luck!

Olivene - March 25

My doctor says not to worry about sleep position- that it will be uncomfortable before it is a problem. Now, your first question, I prefer to be on top. Spoons doesn't work for me, but Hubby likes it.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?