Pregnancy-pg109961016355

2 Replies
barb - November 4

is it okay to have a flu shot when you are pregnant?

KM - November 4

Yes. Actually, now they are recommending it because your immune system is surpressed, So depending on when you are to deliver I would take it into consideration.,Do some research on it for yourself and make a decision.There was an article in the newspaper a couple wks ago here suggesting it for pregnant women.Also if you are b___stfeeding, it will give the baby some protection as well for a little while. I am almost 38 wks and going to deliver before flu season really starts up so my doctor said I didn't really have to get it and would probably be fine, so rathar than feel c___ppy for a couple days after the shot I decided not to!

Christine - November 5

I work at a doctors office..which puts me more at risk but since I have never had the flu shot I am a little weary on getting it..They do reccomend it for all pregnant woman that are out of the first trimester...if your going to get it you should decide soon..there is a large shortage and only those at high risk(pregnant including) are being allowed at this time by most doctors offices.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?