Prenatal Vitamins-pg110981667818

5 Replies
Naomi - March 2

I just started to take my prenatal vitamans about a week ago because I just learned I'm pregnant.Everytime I take my vitamins I get so tired.Is this normal? I thought they were supposed to give you energy!

Amy - March 2

I found out yesterday from my friend who is pregnant, that when she stared taking her prenatal vitamins, they gave her pregnancy symptoms even before she was pregnant! Anything is possible...and pill effect everyone differently.

Heidi - March 3

It probably isn't the pills. It is probably m/s kicking in. I too started getting tired shortly after I started my vitamins and I started taking them when I found out I was only a couple wks pregnant. Try taking them in the morning and see if that helps with the tiredness. I'm exhausted 24/7. I could crawl under my desk and sleep if I could get away with it today. Besides sleepiness, I have insomnia. Yep. You get to bed and wake up a few hours later and there you sit till dawn. It sucks. I started this at 5 weeks and it's still going on at 7 weeks. Good luck!

E - March 3

Vitamins are not supposed to give you an energy boost after taking them. There is nothing you can do to counteract the fatigue that early pregnancy brings. Just try not to fight it and take it easy. It is perfectly okay to take naps and go to bed early if you are tired. Do not let anyone make you feel lazy or guilty. I napped 4 hours every day during my first trimester. I had to drag myself out of bed even after the naps.

Billie - March 3

I started my pills a year before I conceived and they never made me tired. Just being pregnant made me tired...

A - March 3

I'm 11 weeks, and I just started my vitamins, but I felt tired even before I took them. I want to sleep all day long!!! It's perfectly normal!!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?