Prenatal Vitamins -pg112057782218

9 Replies
bethany - July 5

we want to wait 2 years or so to start trying, but I want to make sure I am as healthy as could be for when we start trying. what should my diet be like/avoid? and how early can I start taking pre-natal vitamins? thanks

Jamie - July 5

Get regular exercise, eat well-balanced meals, and don't pig out on junk food, fast food, etc. As far as prenatals...I don't know of any reason why you can't take them now, but I'd check with a doctor just to be safe.

Lynn - July 5

You can start taking prenatal vitamins as early as you would like, I've known some people to take them for various reasons like to help with hair growth and stuff, however for some people they get constipated and only take them when pregnant, so it varies, but for me personally when my spouse and I decided to start trying for a little one I started taking my prenatal vitamins from GNC about 4 months prior to conception, it took 4 1/2 months to get pregnant too after being on the pill for 9 years~ gl2u

bethany - July 5

thank you Jamie

bethany - July 5

yes, I heard that prenatal vitamins can make you sick.....

Jamie - July 5

No problem...I've become a HUGE health freak over the last 2 years, so I love telling people what to do and how to eat. LOL

bethany - July 5

thanks, yes I also heard that there is a certain weight for each height that you are not supposed to go below...in order to have enough weight to be able to carry the baby full term I am 5'2

Jamie - July 5

I hadn't heard that...I was borderline underweight when I conceived - 5'3, and 105 pounds. You just gain more weight if you don't weigh enough to begin with, from what I understand. I've gained 60+ pounds so far in this pregnancy.

bethany - July 5

how far are you? congrats on your little one one the way

karen - July 5

I would start about 6 mos before. Make sure you get folic acid (800 mgs). That's the biggest one.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?