Quick Question-pg112611880118

6 Replies
turkey momma - September 7

is it safe to eat packaged turkey meat such as oscar meyer or louis rich. i eat turkey sandwiches just about everyday and i was just curious

Hello - September 7

I think so

Jessica - September 7

No it is not okay to eat deli meat. This is what I have heard and read because of the chance of listeria. Here read this: Deli meats have known to be contaminated with Listeria, which can cause miscarriage. Listeria has the ability to cross the placenta and may infect the baby leading to infection, or blood poisoning which may be life-threatening. If you are pregnant and you are considering eating deli meats, make certain that you reheat the meat until it is steaming. Hope that helps

kl - September 7

i tought it was okay to eat deli meat...that isn't on the list of foods to avoid that i got from my doc...i guess i will ask him on my next visit

miranda - September 7

Just heat it to steaming first. I just throw mine in the microwave for a minute on low power.

Liz - September 7

I ate deli meats when i was pregnant, everything turned out fine. The only reason I had to stop eating them was because i was hypertensive (high blood pressure) and they have lots of sodium.

Tami - September 7

I've eaten deli meat the whole time and have been fine. My doctor said just make sure that it is not older than a week and if I felt really nervous heat it up in the microwave first! Good luck. :) Oh, and my sister ate deli meat her whole pregnancy and she has the cutest little baby boy ever!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?