Severe Constipation-pg112948198918

3 Replies
In Pain! - October 16

I have suffered with a lot of constipation so far in this pregnancy (so far I am 26 weeks). I eat a lot of veggies and fiberous foods, drink a lot, and even take a fiber pill to control it. Usually it is tolerable. Today I had a sever case of it (honestly, I thought about naming it) and it was extremely painful. Is there anything safe to take (i.e. some type of laxtative or something) during pregnancy when it becomes extreme and dieting does not control it? I would call the doc's office but they are closed today. Sorry if TMI. :(

Jessica - October 16

My doctor told me to take Perry Colace which you can buy over the counter. It is a laxative/stool softener which seemed to help me with my constipation. It is safe during pregnancy!

anita - October 16

lol! i have the same problem. my dr. prescribed something that was supposed to help, but didn't help much. try metamucil, i hate drinking it, but it does help. good luck.

Lisa - October 16

You might need an enema...if all that fiber is not working you may need to go that route. My prenatals have a slight laxative in them so that helps me, plus I eat lots of fiber...prunes and such and drink lots of water. I know you are probably already doing that, just thought I would throw it out there. I hope it clears up for you, alteast you're keeping a sense of humour about it. :)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?