Sleeping-pg116922387735

5 Replies
Mrs.Ireland - January 19

I know for sure you aren't suppose to sleep on your tummy, but is there a certain side or anything you are suppose to do when sleeping? I am 3 months next week and I just don't want to hurt anything. Thanks Ladies :-)

Melissa30 - January 19

It is recommended that for better circulation to the baby that you sleep on your left side but really any side except on your tummy is ok.

Crystal Star - January 19

I was told that if you sleep on your right side the blood in your baby doesnt circulate as well as on the left. Sleeping on your tummy I read somewhere is ok until it becomes uncomfortable. Just to be safe I sleep on my left side and my back all the time.

MammaJL - January 19

I read somewhere that you can sleep anyway you want to and then from 4 months on you sleep on your left side beacuse sleeping on your right side can cut off circulation to the baby and the placenta.. I always sleep on my left side anyways though.

Marissa1 - January 19

No, it is laying down completly on your back that can decrease circulation to the baby. It doesn't matter what side you sleep on.

baby020607 - January 19

It doesn't really matter which side you sleep on, as long as you avoid the back and the tummy, especially as your uterus grows and baby gets heavier. Sleeping on your tummy basically just gets uncomfortable, but sleeping on your back puts pressure on a large vein needed to supply blood to your lower body and uterus. If you have a choice of sides, they do say that the left side is better as it makes the heart's job a bit easier. That being said, both sides are considered "safe." Your body will let you know when a certain position isn't working out well anymore!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?