Sleeping Positions-pg111384793718

4 Replies
Karen - April 18

Ladies, I am having a hard time sleeping on my side restfully. I am in my second trimester. I really need some advise. So far what has work is my bf sleeping right next to me giving me support for my back while on the side. I also have one of those sleeping pillows that dont seem to be working well. Any suggestions are welcome

Mari - May 7

Karen, this is the trickiest part to being pregnant HUH? I'm having a similiar problem because I have always slept on my right side with my right arm under the pillow, but baby is mostly sitting on my left and my REG. position is NOW uncomfortable so I sleep on my left now (even though I dont prefer it). I guess you'll just have to sleep how baby wnats even if that means lying against the wall for a firm support.

Lauren - May 7

Ah, sleeping! I am in week 19.6 and I can't seem to sleep anyway except on my back. Is this really that bad for the baby? I try to sleep on my side, but I just can't. Thanks in advance!

JenniferB - May 7

I did sleep with my back against the wall and it helped. The very big down side to that is that needing to shimmy to the bottom of the bed or crawling over my husband when I had to pee ten times a night. Not easy to do when you are nine months pregnant :0)

Lissi - May 7

I too am only comfortable on my back. I try to sleep on my side, but I actually gets pains in my abdomen after a while. As soon as I'm back on my back, the pain goes away. Another problem I'm having is cramps in my b___tocks! I've tried eating lots of bananas which I'm told are good for it, but I still get it. Pillows aren't helping either. I don't ever get a good nights sleep now. :( It's good prepartion for motherhood though isn't it?! :) I mean I don't suppose I will be getting much sleep for at least the next 2 years, so I might as well get used to it!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?