Smoking-pg115297945718

4 Replies
krissy79 - July 15

Hi ladies....my cousin is about 6 1/2 months pregnant....she has smoked with her other 2 pregnancies and her children turned out fine....she continues to smoke with her third....should i say something to her.....like to quit while theres still time? Anyone else smoke through thier pregnancies?

kimholl28 - July 15

No, I quit when I found out with my first, haven't smoked since. But, I have a friend that is 20 weeks and she smokes also. She has definately cut down but I still can't stand it. I think it is a hard subject to approach. She probably already knows how bad it is and pregnant women can be sensitive. I just kind of let her know that I would really love it if she would quit and when I notice she is not smoking much I compliment it. Not much else you can do, it is her choice.

mandee25 - July 15

This can be a very touchy subject as I have noticed posts on smoking here before. I am not a smoker and I don't bash people who do. The statistics are there. Everyone knows it is extremely harmful to unborn babies and children alike but some can't seem to stop.

clare - July 15

hiya im 33 weeks and i smoke im not proud of it and if i had the willpower to stop i would i tried hard to but i cant use anything to help[ me quit so iv just cut down as much as i can. i was concerned that it would affect babys weight etc but i went for a scan the other day and she weighs 4lb5oz which gave me an est weight of 7lb8oz at birth. i still try to quit but it is really hard.

krc - July 15

if this is her 3rd child and she is still smoking than there's no point in saying anything to her. Any " bad habit " you continue during pregnancy is a gamble. Even though a lot of babies turn out " healthy " , there are always the few that aren't so lucky. I personally quit 3 weeks after I found out I was pregnant and haven't cheated or craved any since.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?