Stripping Membranes-pg114718240118

6 Replies
Alexi - May 9

Some call this sc__ping, some say stripping.... but has anyone done it? Did it get your labor going? i've been having contractions since Saturday but i'm not dialating.... so tomorrow at my appointment, i'm gonna have them strip my membranes. i really can't take this early labor for days on end c__p!!!!!!!!!!!

mcatherine - May 9

Should you maybe post this on 3rd trimester? Around here, we want everything BUT to go into labor. Good Luck, though...

Alexi - May 9

Oh, i thought this was for general questions.... didn't know it was only for 1st and 2nd tri-mesters! Plus, i thought that there may be women here who have had a baby before and could answer my questions.

kelley32 - May 9

hi Alexi ... My doc stripped my membranes at 38 weeks because I was already dilated 1 cm and very uncomfortable, anyway, I went into labor 2 days later ... good luck!! XXOO

mcatherine - May 9

Oh, I'm sorry - I thought I was in 2nd tri when I responded. I'm sorry - Still, good luck to you..

Alexi - May 9

It's okay, mcatherine.... i was pretty confused....

lynnstress - May 9

I had it done at 40 weeks (Monday), and had to go in to be induced the following Thursday morning. It was the single most painful thing during my pregnancy! (I did have a pretty easy pregnancy.) They let me go a week late, even though they kept telling me what a big baby I would have. He was 9 lbs., 1 oz., born Friday morning.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?