Stupid Question-pg113441449218

11 Replies
xxx - December 12

How many days do you ovulate after your period?

Ba8y6irl - December 12

could be anywhere from 10-14 or maybe even 15 days after the first day of your period.

randi - December 12

it doesnt go that way. my grandma use to tell me you ovulate 3 days after your period and i tried for months that way and never got pregnant. you proubly should find a book or an article on the enternet about it and then go to ovulation predicter and it tells you how to do it and it will tell you around the time you ovulate and then buy a ovulation kit i perfer clear blue digitial because you dont have to guess if the line is faint, also the booklet with the test tells you when you should ovulate. i also had s_x just about every day or every other day it worked the first time for me but could take up to 6 months of trying for a normal healthy realationship

Ba8y6irl - December 12

yeah it works differently on every person. Thats the way it worked for me, but not to say its the same for you... I guess thats why its called ttc cuz it doesn't always happen when you want it to!!

xxx - December 12

Thanks guys!!! I was just wondering, I think I'm pregnant already because I haven't had a period since July 21st and my fiance and I have unprotected s_x every time we have s_x.

Um - December 12

I'd think you'd know if you were five months pregnant!

xxx - December 12

Is it possible to miss your period for almost five months and not be pregnant?

Lady - December 12

it could be other problems. u should see ur doctor to be sure.

Ba8y6irl - December 12

you should be able to tell if you are 5 months... aren't you feeling kicks?? if not then definately go to a doctor... I would go right now... I can;t believe you waited this long! I'd be so impatient!! I wanted to go to the doctors when I was 5 weeks but they wouldn't take me!

xxx - December 12

I think I'm feeling kicks, they feel like little pokes coming from the inside some are stronger than the other. But it's not that easy for me because I haven't told my parents that I'm pregnant yet, they're very strict and I haven't figured out a way to tell them yet.

Ba8y6irl - December 12

I think you should tell them... how old are you?? You shouldn't avoid health care just cuz you are scared of your parents... thats not very mature of you... If you are mature enough to have to unprotected s_x and accept the consequences then you should be mature enough to tell your parents. Your baby shouldn't lose out on care just cuz your parents are strict. I am not trying to be mean, I am just showing concern for your unborn child... if you are feeling kicks then you prolly are pregnant. I suggest you seek medical attention and give the baby all the healthcare it deserves :)

L - December 12

Just to clarify what was originally posted, you ovulate, in a normal cycle, 14-15 days BEFORE your period. I know this must seem petty, especially for someone with a 28 day cycle, but most woman don't have a 28 day cycle so this can change your estimated fertilty dates dramatically. Say someone has a 21 day cycle. This person would ovulate on approximately day 7. Another person with a 35 day cycle, would ovulate on day 21 of her cycle. As you can see, there is a big difference in the fertility window for these two women. Regarding your last period being July 21st. There can be many reasons other than pregnancy to cause a cessation of menstruation such as a STD, ovarian cyst, persistent CL, hormonal changes or pituitary problems. Best to call you dr for an appt.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?